Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Aaarrrrhhhhhh

Options
Cate64
Cate64 Member Posts: 446
For the very first time since my diagnosis, I am actually sick!!!

WTH??? Germs are within my body, partying, inviting friends ..all without permission... Be gone germs, I vanquish thee demons!!!

I actually feel like crap & I do not like it....

Ok, rant over...:)

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Oh Cate here's hoping it's only a hiccup!

Take care
  • JuMuKu
    JuMuKu Member Posts: 25
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon Kate64. A rant to us can be therapeutic. I’ve found that a little bit of black humour also goes a long way.
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    Hang in there @Cate64 - may your demons be vanquished in haste! Feel better soon xx
  • Cate64
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @iserbrown @JuMuKu @Eastmum

Thanks girls though clearly I am feeling better today because I actually made a statement.. lol...

Shingles... can ya blody believe it??

6 rounds of AC chemo = felt great, 2.5 years down the track felt so awful i thought, this is it... and its shingles...

Im laughing now
  • Cate64
    Options
    @JuMuKu lol Charmed fan, can you tell?? 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options

Put kale on it (just joking) but someone is bound to suggest it :) Stop being sick, it's exhausting. Umm, mindfulness, YES! that will do it.....

Seriously though Cate, shingles are not funny and they can fuck you up big time if they set up camp in places like your eyes or your genitals. Best wishes, and try to take a few days off if you can. Bloody awful disease. Mxx

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,578
    Options
    Bugger @Cate64  - Shingles can be a really painful!  :(   Hubby's elderly aunt had it in her 90s .... and her South African chemist concocted a mixture of dissolved aspirin in a spirit (don't know what the mix was tho!)  - and it was gently applied to the blisters/painful areas.  The spirit base helped dry it out & the aspirin helped with the pain.

Just found this ...... it seems to have the aspirin crushed into Rubbing Alcohol!!

And also mentions good old Calendula lotion!!!

http://www.readersdigest.ca/health/conditions/8-natural-ways-treat-shingles/

All the best - hope something helps 'fix it' SOON!  xxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Oh Cate how frightful! You poor thing. What have the doctors told you to do? Whatever it is I hope it works FAST! K xox

• tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Poor you @Cate64 , hope you're better soon.
    I too have had an arrr moment , sore throat,headaches , temp, coughing so much my ribs & chest feel like I've spent a week in the gym !! Just a cold but I need it to be gone !! Sons wedding this weekend & I'm on holidays !! Can't win ! 

All the best for a quick recovery xx
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    Shingles can be so painful @Cate64 - my daughter had them a couple of months ago and she found apple cider vinegar was great. I sat there and literally painted the area with apple cider vinegar, using a cotton bud. Hope it goes away fast! 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,578
    Options
    @Eastmum  .... great idea - pretty well NO BUGS can survive in apple cider vinegar!!

@Cate64  ..... if it isn't rude .... where did you get the shingles?   Some get it in their hair, others on their chest .... I hope you'll be able to stop it spreading (I think it follows the 'line of nerves'), & hopefully stop it in it's tracks & then dry it up!  xx

• Cate64
    Options
    @arpie on my face!!!! along the right side of my chin....

I feel a bit fortunate its there because if it was not on my face I probably would not have got to the Doctor as quickly & then been unable to have the correct treatment. So I guess, even in this there is a silver lining :)
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I admire your ability to look on the bright side!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Goodness me Cate that is not what you need!  Have to wonder sometimes why these things happen but anyhow here's hoping you're onto it early and the discomfort dissipates.  

Take care
  • Michelle_R
    Michelle_R Member Posts: 901
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better Cate - shingles is a rough ride!  My husband and I both have the shingles vaccine - it lasts about 7 years.