Last TC chemo tomorrow Yay!

Options
Finch
Finch Member Posts: 302
Tomorrow morning my chemo buddy @Kiwi Angel and I have our last chemo treatment.  @Kiwi Angel in Sydney and me in Melbourne.  I'm so excited and can't wait for this to be over,  I've considered myself lucky to have a new breast friend taking this path with me.  To share our experiences and symptoms.  Someone I found through this forum . What a great place this is.   I dip in and out a bit as sometimes I find it too much to join in chatting when I'm fatigued. But to know women like me are here to chat to has really helped me through these momentous months since diagnosis.  

I want to thank everyone of you. Those ahead of me in their diagnosis and treatment plans and those who've come after me.  We are all in it together. We share and converse and feel safe here. 

Today ive started my pre chemo steroids so I've done my usual and done my pre chemo cleaning frenzy blitzkrieg, (no rampage this time @kmakm)  ....... and feel great.  I've drank far too much red wine tonight ... because I know I won't be able to tolerate any alcohol for the next 2 1/2 weeks and I've opened the Lindt chocolates and devouring them as I type(the steroids are doing this I presume).

Radiation starts end of June. 

Thanks everyone. Take care. Xxxx

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Finch :D:D:D:D:D:D breast friend. 

I couldnt have said it better myself. To have someone to go through this with has been amazing and the support from all the ladies on this forum has been invaluable. 

Bring in on the final one and hopefully a chance at feeling like my old self in the future before I start on tamoxifen. 

Big love and hugs @Finch and to all the other ladies on here. Xxooxox
  • tigerbeth
    tigerbeth Member Posts: 539
    Options
    @Finch & @Kiwi Angel Good luck for your last treatment ,I can only imagine how testing this part of the process has been for you both ! i'm also starting radiation in June so we can compare notes.

@finch hope we can catch up with @kmakm for a coffee soon .
    Good luck ladies xxxx
  • Finch
    Finch Member Posts: 302
    Options
    @tigerbeth thank you , look forward to meeting up with you and @kmakm . Sounds like a good plan. Let's arrange in a couple of weeks. xxxx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @Finch @Tigerbeth Yes! Can't wait. I'm driving again so much more flexible for location. You let us know when you're up for it Finchy.

All the very best for you tomorrow. I hope you get to ring a bell! So good to have it over and done with. I sincerely hope none of us ever have to do chemotherapy again. As do the rats of your neighbourhood!  K xox
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    @finch and @Kiwi Angel it’s the best feeling to finish isn’t it. Take it a day at a time still and remember if you wanna pop back on the forum and say hi you can anytime. @Kiwi Angel I’ll text you later. Hope you’re not too hungover this morning @Finch both of you ring the fuck out of that bell lol. Thinking of you today. Big hug. Margie
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @onemargie I will still be here Margie - still have tamoxifen to go after this and that can be an experience in itself I have read xo
  • kmakm
    Options
    The Dex got you up at this hour @Kiwi Angel?
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kmakm it has - glad I only have to take it for another couple of days. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel Such a relief to see the back of them.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @kmakm hopefully all the bloating will start to subside too!!
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Kiwi Angel It should go quite quickly.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I've already wished you luck @Kiwi Angel but I'll do it again and to you as well @Finch How wonderful to be at the last chemo.
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @sister thanks again xo
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Power through today @finch and @Kiwi Angel . I'll be thinking of you. Marg xxx
  • Kiwi Angel
    Options
    @Zoffiel thanks so much xo