Support Group Sunshine Coast

Josephine66
Josephine66 Member Posts: 79
edited May 2018 in General discussion
Hi, does anyone know of a support group on the Sunshine Coast (mooloolaba, maroochydore area) that meets regularly for coffee? I cant seem to find anything local other than specific groups aimed at "2nd time round" or "survivors". Apparently because I haven't finished treatment im not suited to these. Thanks in advance
Tagged:

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Have you tried the Cancer Council?
  • Josephine66
    Yep tried cancer council but they couldnt help. Did offer counseling but thats not what im after.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    What a bummer. Are you on FB? You could try to start your own support group.
  • j9k
    j9k Member Posts: 98
    You could contact Bloomhill cancer charity. They are based on sunshine coast and are cancer support services. I think they have groups but there is info on their website. I was looking into what they offer. 
  • Josephine66
    Yep tried bloomhills but they dont offer or know of any support groups for those going through chemo for breast cancer. Apparently the issue is that patients may compare treatment and then if not same start questioning why. All support groups are focused on life after treatment etc which is great but i would have thought im not alone wanting to connect with others travelling the same path at roughly the same time. Given how crappy chemo & radiation makes us feel wouldnt it be worthwhile? 
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    There is breast cancer support service MAROOCHYDORE that may be able to help
  • Romla

Here are detail shope it helps xo

Shop 4, Credit Union Australia Plaza, Maroochydore ROAD, MAROOCHYDORE 4558

Today's opening hours: 
    8:30am - 5pm

Closed now

Opening times:

• Monday:8:30am - 5pm
    • Tuesday:8:30am - 5pm
    • Wednesday:8:30am - 5pm
    • Thursday:8:30am - 5pm
    • Friday:8:30am - 5pm

For public holiday hours, please contact this service.

• Romla

Breast Cancer Support Circle - Caloundra

BREAST AND PROSTATE CANCER ASSOCIATION OF QUEENSLAND INCORPORATED

Here’s one at Caloundra that may help too.

• Sunshine0206
    Sunshine0206 Member Posts: 146
    Hi
    im on the Sunshine Coast and I know at least 6 other ladies with BC who I have met after my diagnosis. We all get together in one way or another.

in box me if you want to.
    x
  • Josephine66
    Thanks. Have sent you message. 
    Cheers x