Hello

Lodds
Lodds Member Posts: 6
Hello I just wanted to share a picture of my mastectomy tattoo. I had the tattoo to cover a failed nipple reconstruction. Now when I look at myself in the mirror I see something beautiful rather than an ugly scar. I didn’t realize how much I didn’t like seeing the scar until I had it covered up. Anyway just wanted to share it. Hope you like it

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    That is amazing - u look absolutely beautiful!!!  Xoxooxox
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Lovely.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Gorgeous!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    I freaking love it!

I have been collecting photos of mastectomy tattoos on my phone for months. It's one of my middle of the night can't sleep activities. I trawl through Instagram and screen shot ones I like. And funny ones!

I'm crazy for India so mine is going to be Indian in style, something along the lines of a mehndi design. Can I ask how long was it between your mastectomy and the tattoo?
  • Lodds
    Hello it was about 3 years between the mastectomy and tattoo but only 6 months from the nipple reconstruction. I asked the surgeon at the hospital when it was okay to get it tattooed. I looked at loads of images too. The one I have is from Pinterest just changed a little bit to be more like what I wanted. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    that is beautiful @Lil Dodds
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Stunning. Well done, @Lil Dodds. 
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Absolutely gorgeous @Lodds
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Absolutely gorgeous and very tasteful. It is something I considered but will give the nipple reconstruction a go. 
  • Lodds
    Thank you and good luck with your reconstruction hope it works xx
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    it's gorgeous @Lodds! Can I ask you if it was super-sore to have done? On the bits that aren't numb :smile:
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    WOW!  @Lodds  - that is truly AMAZING!!  

• Lodds
    @Eastmum I am not going to lie..it hurt a little but not as much as I expected and for how much better I now  feel when looking at myself it was definitely worth it xx
  • Lodds
    @kmakm sorry I replied to your comment but have only just realised you need to use @ to notify you...sorry
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    No worries, I saw it anyway  :)