What's the dumbest thing you've done during treatment.?

Options
kezmusc
kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
I have a rather hilarious list of Chemo brain and Tamoxifog moments. My family is now used to the "not as sharp as she used to be" version of me and ,thankfully, I am starting just to laugh at it all.

This afternoons contribution to the list

...So I have been running around trying to find my car keys.  Inside, outside, in the car, back inside, trip over the dog, for the third time look  through my handbag (omg that needs cleaning) and of course I am late.
I finally give up and grab my spares. Go to put my phone in my back pocket and hey presto, there are my keys.  Wow, absolutely no recollection of picking them up off the bench. :smiley:

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    I have probably done a few things but one I do remember is a client called to cancel and appointment and I did it but completely forgot about it and then rang her the next day to remind her she was late for her appointment!!
  • Artferret
    Artferret Member Posts: 259
    Options
    Couldn't find my myki card so assumed i'd dropped it, cancelled it and ordered a new one then just as i was about to post off the paperwork i find it in a coat pocket...i had no recollection of wearing that coat to that appointment. Strange how the brain plays with you... 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Best laugh  I've had all day! Thanks everyone.

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    My son told me he was going for a walk and a few minutes later I asked his sisters where he was.
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    I keep injuring myself...Just this morning I  slid down the front steps of my home onto my bottom. I have cut my elbow and bruised it badly. Thankfully no broken bones. This is the second time I  have slid down these steps.
    I also cut under my arm a couple of months ago when I  jumped on our green waste bin to compact the leaves and sticks. Unfortunately the bin was very light and fell backwards with me in the bin. I just feel  foolish. Nobody else was home at the time.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Jumped on the bin. Right. Carry on, Patti, carry on... :) Mxx
  • MoiraC
    MoiraC Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Hi @Patti J - I hope you are ok but that image of you in the bin is sticking with me!!
  • Patti J
    Patti J Member, Dragonfly Posts: 589
    Options
    Thanks MoiraC. My elbow is just very bruised. I didn't realise how many times you can try to rest your elbow on something. Ouch!