Unable to Join group Choosing breast reconstruction

Sandes
Sandes Member Posts: 17
I tried to join the discussion group  Choosing breast reconstruction. The system prompted me to explain the reason yt join  which I did and then pressed the OK buttom.  But nothing happened. Can you pls help?

Comments

• nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Hi @Sandes - your request then needs to be approved by the moderator (@mum2jj who is probably at work :) ). No doubt you'll get the approval within 24 hours. Looking forward to meeting you in the group.
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    Hiya @Sandes, I think something must have happened to your request as it’s not there. Would you mind clicking on this link http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/1-choosing-breast-reconstruction and requesting again. Don’t worry about a long message, just something short is fine and hopefully it will work this time. Make sure you are signed into the online network before you request as that may be the problem. 
    Hopefully we can get you sorted. 
    Paula xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    This happened to me as well, and when I tried to join the Plan B group. There is definitely a system error.
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
    Hi @kmakm, I don't think there is a system error - there are lots of other people joining groups without an issue. I think it was just that we hadn't opened up the Plan B group yet but I'll keep an eye on it and get our developers to look into it if I get any further reports.

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Must be just me then! K xox
  • Sandes
    I just tried again and still unbale to join. Those are the steps I did.
    - Pressed  buttom 'Join'
    - A window appears asking why do I want to join
    -I then write : I will have a mastectomy in around 4 months...
    - Then I press the button 'OK' 
    - Nothing happens!
  • nikkid
    @Marianne_BCNA, @Giovanna_BCNA any help here? Thx 
  • Rosie_BCNA
    Rosie_BCNA Member Posts: 217
    @Sandes and @nikkid - thanks for making contact. @Marianne_BCNA and @Giovanna_BCNA will both be in tomorrow morning at 9am and check up. There is another person who has requested to join today and is waiting for approval so maybe an issue at your end @Sandes sorry. We will get it sorte dtomorrow. Apologies that i can't resolve it this evening. 

• Sandes
    Many thanks, no rush
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    Thanks @Rosie_BCNA, I have just joined the other lady up, but still no request from@Sandes appearing. @Marianne_BCNA, and @Giovanna_BCNA keep me posted re this. Hang in there @Sandes, hopefully the ladies can help tomorrow. 
    Paula x
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
    Hi @Sandes,
    I have sent you an invite to join the group. Hopefully you will be able to join this way without having to wait for us to sort out the glitch. Can you let me know if you receive this? Can you also let me know if you have tried to join via a phone rather than computer?
    I'll keep you all posted re how we go.
  • Sandes
    All is OK now, many thanks, Sandes
  • TaraV
    TaraV Member Posts: 28
    Hi, I just tried to join the group and had the same experience as Sandes. I tried it twice. Shall I just wait to see what happens? Thanks
  • nikkid
    @Marianne_BCNA or @Giovanna_BCNA will sort this out for you
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Just so you know acceptance doesn't happen immediately. It has to be accepted first so it can take a day or so.