Fashionable Head Wear!

Options
RR
RR Member Posts: 67
Hi everyone,

I am about to start chemo before a full mastectomy, and whilst a strange question - I thought I would ask it anyway. I am after fashionable and stylish headwear for my journey. I have had a peek around and what I can see is a little drab for me. I would love any links.

Thanks x

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    Options
    Hi RR,
    I bought head stuff online from USA called www.headcovers.com They were nice and affordable and delivered to your door.I used to prefer wearing hats/caps and I’ve seen new cheap winter ones in Kmart.Ofcourse,I don’t need them now but it’s still fresh in my mind of just how hard it was to lose my hair.
    big hug.xx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    edited May 2018
    Options
    There's some sites on you tube that show you how to tie scarves into quite stylish turbans.  If you haven't got any scarves, the local op shop can be a goldmine for them.  When I'm sick of the wig and the beanies aren't appropriate, I do scarves and usually get compliments (maybe people just don't know what to say).

I was hoping that Yassmin's Hijabista show would come on (you know that one everyone's gettting their knickers in a twist about).  Her scarves always look fabulous.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi there @RR I wore cool bandanas with bright colours and smiley faces etc on them and scarves during my treatment and found them cool and comfortable. There were heaps on eBay and the enurse website has some too. Mine have been recycled firstly I sent them to NSW then they got sent to vic with which is where they are currently. But she will need them for a few more weeks still. But when she’s done I know @Salpal will be more than happy to post them on to you to use them. The bloody things will have had more holidays than me thsts for sure!!  We are here for you love. You csn do this. Biggest hug. Margie xxx
  • RR
    Options
    @onemargie - you are too kind, thank you. The past two weeks have been awful, however I just keep telling myself that the prognosis could have been worse xxx
  • RR
    Options
    Thank you, @TonyaM - I will check out the website xx
  • RR
    Options
    @Sister - I will look up the lady you are referring to and see what she does! Thank you xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited May 2018
    Options
    If you fancy some online shopping here's a UK list to pick through.

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/facing-breast-cancer/going-through-treatment-breast-cancer/side-effects/side-effects-of-chemotherapy/breast-cancer-and-hair-loss/hair-loss-what-to-wear

I bought some really nice hats, which were incredibly cheap, from Anna Bandana. I was dignosed in December and needed sun protection asap!

The beginning is so hideous @RR. It does get better as a treatment plan emerges and then commences. Breathe, and hang in there. K xox
  • Salpal
    Salpal Member Posts: 43
    Options
    as @onemargie said, More than happy to send l have one more chemo left and then l am hoping my hair starts growing quick smart. Let me know @RR if you would like them. Good luck with your treatment hun xx
  • RR
    Options
    That's so lovely @onemargie - yes, I would love them xx
  • RR
    Options
    @kmakm - Yes, I am very frightened about the chemo knocking me around, more than the surgery! Thank you for the site xx
  • onemargie
    Options
    Ok @RR. I’ll pm you and let @salpal know too as she has them currently. She has her last round next week so it will be a few weeks til she ca post them as she I’ll be waiting for to get some hair on her noggin first! Chemo is so different for everyone love. Once you get a plan it is easier to manage. Just take a day at a time for now ok.  Biggest hug. Margie.  Xx
  • Salpal
    Salpal Member Posts: 43
    Options
    No worries @onemargie and @RR. l will wait for instructions xx
  • onemargie
    Options
    We should start a Facebook page for my bandanas and document the journey they have been on so far and will be continuing to go on with all that wear them
  • Sanra
    Sanra Member Posts: 18
    Options
    I went on the Wish shopping app...bought a few differnt coloured scull caps for $2 each, then did the scarf twirl around them with whatever colour scarf matched my outfit. There are so many on there and with the cost of everything else with treatment, you can afford a few.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Gee @one Margie you could call it The Sisterhood of the Travelling Bandanas