Clinical Trial

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
edited April 2018 in Day to day
Hi Everyone,
Im currently taking oral chemotherapy due to more bony mets. Thank goodness it hasn't spread elsewhere. My tumour count flew up to 232, having not gone down since October last year, very frustrating. My oncologist has referred me yo Peter McCallum hospital and I'm due to hear from a doctor this week to discuss what is available for me. 
Does anyone have advice about what is involved with a clinical trial? It would be fantastic if someone has experience, or is involved in a trial.
Cuddles, Trace
Tagged:

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    I don't have any of that experience but I wanted to send you a hug 

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks Honey, right back at you xxx ❤️
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    edited April 2018
    Options
    https://www.bcna.org.au/understanding-breast-cancer/clinical-trials/

Hope this links leads you somewhere near to what you are hoping to find

Take care and sending you a virtual hug xx

Goodness, everything we go through and get a splinter from the kindling and boy oh boy isn't it annoying...............
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks Iser, sure is annoying. Trying to eat well and exercise and do as I'm told (now there's a challenge) and there's another speed hump. I just make every day a good day and embrace the stuff. Big cyber cuddles right back xxx
  • iserbrown
    Options
    You're a champion Tracey!!  What a so and so that you're on a bumpy road at present - here's hoping that a clinical trial is just what is needed and will settle things 

Take care and look forward to seeing another of your paintings on here, when you're up to it! xoxo

• iserbrown
    Options
    Beautiful!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks Iser, have had a look at those links, really helpful. What a woman !
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Hi @Tracey_B, as always, love your work. It's just beautiful
    Hugs x
    Take care, Lyn
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Bloody beautiful as always @Tracey_B. I can’t help you with the trials. But I wish you all the very best with it please keep us all posted. Biggest hug. Margie xx 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks heaps Lyn and Margie, I know and trust that your support is always there. I really appreciate it. xxxx
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Hi Tracey all the best for new treatment plan lots of new therapies out there for us metters
    Cheers 
    Bright in hope
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks Honey, it's also an opportunity to make treatments better for people who follow next needing up to date treatment. I feel optimistic, know that it will be a challenge at times, but worth it hopefully in the end. ❤️
  • Rosie_BCNA
    Rosie_BCNA Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Hi Tracey_B, sorry to hear you are fronting up for more treatment. Do you use facebook? If so, the BCNA FB page hosted a post in March about https://www.breastcancertrials.org.au/current-clinical-trials 
    I hope this is helpful
    Best wishes, Rosie 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks heaps Rosie, your support is much appreciated. What a honey xxx