Lost my phone, feeling lost!

Hopes_and_Dreams
Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
edited April 2018 in Day to day
I am in Japan with my husband helping take 25 students on a 2 week excursion.  I was so busy making sure all the kids grabbed their bags and personal belongings that I left my phone on the plane aaaagh!!!!  Now I’m by no means addicted to my phone but it is my camera, does hold all my contacts, lots of books uploaded (plus 3 new ones dammit) all my passwords and upcoming medical appointments and banking. I’m using my husbands phone to log in here and the battery power is literally dropping away while I’m typing. So I’m feeling a bit lost and in this age of not needing to remember phone numbers, passwords and email addresses I now have lots of friends who think I have vanished from the face of the earth as I can’t reply to messages and don’t have their details! @Summerhill38 I have sent you a PM.  I hope everyone’s week is starting off well and I’m the only stupid one!  Jane x
Tagged:

Comments

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Frightful! My phone is rarely away from me, I feel your pain. Can the airline find it for you? Best of luck with the kids. K xox
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    I upload everything onto a cloud from my phone. Contact, photos, whatever they suggest. Since my cancer diagnosis a year ago I've become paranoid about losing my phone and am constantly checking its whereabouts plus I have every phone finder suggestion that they come up with. But I wouldn't have a clue as how to access all of it should I lose my phone. I wish I had some good suggestions. I feel for you. xo
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Dear @Hopes_and_Dreams , Yikes! I sympathise - and away from home too. I have used my phone and computer more since BC, probably because I'm home more. In my early days of treatment I took to having my phone on me all the time. I have a pair of jeans with back pockets, no front pockets. What happens? the phone falls in the toilet and is wrecked LOL. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Oh Bugger! What a bloody nuisance. Phones aren't quite as attractive to those they don't belong to any more, so there is the vague hope it might yet come back to you. Fingers crossed. Mxx
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    @Hopes_and_Dreams that sucks!  Isn’t there a find my phone app thingy you can use or have you tried to call it someone might answer it and help you?  Don’t they clean the planes too after you get off. I know someone might have nicked it but you do hope they do the right thing and hand it in to the airline staff ??  Or is that just me being an optimist! Fingers crossed love. Margie. Xx
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Thanks so much for your support @kmakm
    @PatsyN @jennyss @Zoffiel @onemargie
    Absolutely sucks!! Jetstar said they usually resolve lost property claims in 10-14 days which doesn’t help me at all. My husband is completely unsympathetic! My fault, I didn’t pick it up, I left it behind. That was because I was busy checking on his 25 students - we are traveling on a 2 week excursion with 14 - 17 year olds!  About to hit the kids with the culture stick, in Kyoto xx