Bras

iserbrown
iserbrown Member Posts: 5,541
@melclarity

Hi!  I know I should've kept the link but I didn't so there you go!  Could you please respond with the name and contact for the Bra fitter that you spoke of - I think from memory you said she was from Port Melbourne

Hopefully this link will be useful to others as well as me

Take care and hope you're enjoying this beautiful autumn weather in Melbourne
Hugs x
Tagged:

Comments

• iserbrown
    Found it!  Genevieve Gort in Port Melbourne.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    @iserbrown hey! yes it was Genevieve Gort in Port Melbourne xx Hope you are well xo
  • iserbrown
    Ta! Suffering post mastectomy pain syndrome which has reared itself in the last few months. It will be 3 years in May. Find myself needing to wear the Berlei post mastectomy bra. Hence it's nearly time for good fitting bras. Had been wearing soft bras because of PMPS and fluid build up but Physio is now thinking firmness.
    Breast Cancer keeps on giving!

Are you considering tattoo to mark the end of all surgeries? I wasn't but now I think that would be fitting. 

Take care x
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    edited March 2018
    Ohhhh eeeeek, well Id wear the post mastectomy bra. Genevieve is fantastic, I love her bras!!! I actually need to touch base and see if she has a tshirt one in the black one I have. Love them!!! 

Aaaah tattoo yes, am booked for the 12th of April, I posted in Breast Reconstruction :) the final step ta da lol  mines all apart of the treatment from Mastectomy/diep flap, revision surgery and tattoo in public xx
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @iserbrown Tattoos are on my list! Never had one, but reckon BC is a bloody good reason to start... We'll see, but I have been visiting tattoo parlours doing some research with a friend who's in the know!
  • iserbrown
    edited March 2018
    @kmakm

Here's some research for you

https://www.reclaimyourcurves.org.au/conversations/conversations-letitia-henderson-discusses-para-medical-and-cosmetic-micro-pigmentation

- Letitia is based in Bendigo

Reclaim your curves website has a lot of info including what to pack for hospital

Take care and sending you a virtual hug
  • kmakm
    Thanks @iserbrown, hugs gratefully accepted, having a rough day. My best friend went to have a mammogram for no reason other than because of what had happened to me. She was called back and was biospied today. Results tomorrow. Tenterhooks.

I was thinking more along the lines of a celebratory or occasion marking tattoo when I posted before. But yes, also nipples. It's a whole new world!

Thanks for that link, I'll check it out. I've started my shopping for the op! Lots of good advice in the Breast Reconstruction group, and Reclaim Your Curves. K xox
  • iserbrown
    @kmakm

I thought you might have meant something a little more than a nipple.  When I was in hospital recuperating this item came on - 

http://www.ntnews.com.au/lifestyle/darwin-tattoo-artist-covered-womans-chest-after-double-mastectomy-photo-went-viral/news-story/2b442dab78c2222eae4b03a450eb31f4

• kmakm
    edited March 2018
    @iserbrown I am all over the mastectomy tattoo scene! I follow some great accounts on Instagram and am constantly taking screen shots of them. I read about that one in Darwin. Won't be going that far though! If I go ahead with it I want it to be in the style of Indian mehndi design. I'll let you know! You too @Romla & @Joannie xox
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I've thought of a tattoo but still face the same issue that I have since I was a rebellious teenager.  What would I be happy to have for the rest of my life (much shorter time frame, now) and where would I be happy to have it?  About the only thing I can think of, and ONLY if I don't go the reconstruction route, would be some sort of stylised viney flowery thing along the mastectomy scar.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    My husband would absolutely freak!