Hoping to swim if I get the courage

Options
Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
edited March 2018 in Health and wellbeing
Wish me luck, guys.  I've got my new bathers and the hunk of silicon to go with them; a new streamlined hairstyle that hopefully won't pollute the local pool.  I'm hoping given that this is Day 5 after AC that I've got energy to try swimming as the weather outside is miserable for walking.  I drive past the indoor pool when I drop the last munchkin off at school. 
Will I pull up at the swimming centre and turn around and come home? 
Will I get halfway across the pool and sink like a stone?
Will I be able to make a few laps?
Am I brave?  Or crazy?
Tagged:

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Sister - I'm sure you will be so brave and will enjoy it and then be so proud of yourself.  I'm staring to realise that it is the little steps we take that are such achievements.  I'm a runner but have just been walking since my surgery a month ago but managed to run have of my course today - my bingo wing had been feeling very numb tingly on the side I had the nodes out on but feeling better every day.  Feel so grateful for the way I'm recovering when I read some of the horrible experiences by other women - only to get knocked down by the horrible toxins today.  I joked to the girls at work that I have a schedule/routine to keep and I just need my body to keep up with the program :D.  Did you get the special swimming boob?  I'm going to look at getting a swimming one and an everyday one at some stage.  I hope you manage to do a few laps and enjoy it - even if you just walk a few laps that is a great achievement!! Good luck xo
  • Sister
    Options
    I was more keen to get the swimming one than the everyday one - I'm a water baby at heart and this summer has killed me being out of the water.  
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    @Sister - yes, walk lap. You are a water baby so it will be lovely. Do they have nice change rooms, or will you just chuck a big kaftan or dressing gown over your wet togs and drive home?
  • Sister
    Options
    Hot shower is all I has for!
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Oh it will be SO lovely for you! I hope it all goes well. Enjoy. K xox
  • Sister
    Options
    You can tell it's still close to having had chemo - I can't type to save my life!
  • Sister
    Options
    New sandshoes, today, too.  Eldest daughter desperately needed some so went to Paul's Warehouse yesterday and omg, surprisingly got two for one.  Mine had done the kms over the years - holding up but not so good on the joints.  New bathers, new foob, new sandshoes, new sleek head...
  • kmakm
    Options
    New woman! All power to you. I can hear the roar from Melbourne!
  • Sister
    Options
    Managed 600-700 m (lost count) before the cording started to give me grief.  Woo hoo!
  • kmakm
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Huzzah!!! Must have felt incredible. Were you happy with your suit & swimming foob?
  • Sister
    Options
    Step - goggles felt weird, though.
  • Sister
    Options
    Yep yep yep!!!!!
  • Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Sister - that’s fantastic - glad u enjoyed it - go u!! xo