Out in the World

Options
Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
edited March 2018 in Day to day
I often wonder, when I'm somewhere such as the workshop last week or in hospital, if any of the women I see are ones who are also active on this site.  Should we have a secret signal or is it better to stay online and completely anonymous?
Tagged:

Comments

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Hi @Sister, I've wondered the same thing. It'd be interesting what others think.I do like being anonymous as I struggle talking to others due to anxiety. But it's also nice to talk to others face to face that have been through this.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Try small talk to people in the waiting room or treatment area - we are all as anxious as each other and someone has to break the ice.That said small talk should enable you to gauge just how much the other person wishes to engage .And one day if you feel confident enough talk about the blog - you’ll never know if you don’t try. And if it’s important just remember we only get one run at life but do respect the feelings of others if they are not willing to do so as we do not know their circumstance.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Lol. I have no idea if any ladies I've met are online except ones I met at a bcna conference. Certainly most localadies Ive met do not use the  site.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    I think it’s good to engage if you chose to and good to if you don’t as everyone is different.  I put myself out there and say if you’d like to PM me any time then you can and I have made a few new friends like you love by doing that and we keep in touch off line as well which I think is nice.  And you can call and hear a voice on the other end when you’re having a shitty day to cheer you up which I think is very cool too. But I feel we are all family on here anyway to be honest. Margie xx 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    @onemargie I'm in the process of converting a forum meeting into a real life one for the first time. I agree, there's a closeness here which has taken me by surprise. It's fab.