@Rosie_BCNA

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    @Giovanna_BCNA can you follow through with the above request 

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @Sunshine0206 all done, I have removed the photo for you. 
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Options
    Yes @iserbrown my PS tells me I will definitely not wake up flat - looking forward to that! Also definitely not putting myself in any anxious state of anticipation. The information that’s been generously given is all extremely helpful and rather puts me at ease. 
  • Eastmum
    Options
    @Brenda5 overnight stays - that’s amazing! Yep I’m all for painkillers. Bring ‘em on I say! Funny you should mention the gas anaesthetic - I had a phone consult with the anaesthtist that will be doing my op and told him that I have a history of being ill from anaesthetic and he said - that means we won’t give you gas! Must be the one that causes the most problems. 
  • Eastmum
    Options
    Hi @Sunshine0206 - I know the photo you posted has been removed but not before I saw it - wow you look(ed) amazing!! Thank you so much for so generously sharing. It’s great to have some idea of what drains look like. I thought they would be much thicker tubes. I know every experience is different but it really helps to see. Thanks! 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @Eastmum I hated my drains (called them my pets), mainly because everytime I went to move somewhere, I had to remember to take the drains with me.  I forgot badly once, got it caught on the hospital bed and... yank... pain.  And they get so heavy.  But you'll be okay - mainly nuisance factor.  And listen to the advice about anaesthetic, nausea and painkillers.  First op, I did tell the anaesthetist about nausea but perhaps didn't stress it enough.  I spent the next day sick as a dog.  Stressed it a bit more for the second op (and it helped that it was in my notes) and coped much better.  Endone makes me a bit sick but I was taking Tramadol (?) - what wasn't explained to me was that, even though it contains a synthetic version of codeine, it still has the constipating effect.  Whatever you do, don't go home constipated!
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Options
    Yes, I was given that very valuable advice about avoiding constipation! I have an intolerance of codeine so they always avoided giving me that....but immediately upon eating, I asked for fruit, prune juice (ugh!), and drank lots of water. Then Day 2 I began asking the nursing staff for whatever they could give me to help move things along - I just didn’t want to leave it days. And the good thing was that it worked. So well worth remembering :)
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    I'll have to get out ahead of that one. It's been a big problem throughout chemo. I'm going to be hard pressed to have it sorted by the operation...
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    @kmakm  re constipation can’t recommend Movicol highly enough - no haemorrhoids or pain - but check with medical staff before using just in case there is a conflict with treatment.
  • kmakm
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @Romla Yep, it's my next move (see what I did there?!) :D  #sorrynotsorry
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmakm
    Options
    Thanks @Joannie. I've been on them continuously, plus bran, prunes, litres of water etc. My system has just gone into lockdown unfortunately. Last chemo done now, so hopefully I can get back to normal before the op. Where it'll probably all start again!
  • kmakm
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hey @Eastmum, you've been quiet. Everything OK in the run up to your op? How are you feeling? Any pearls of wisdom for me? 25 days left with my boobs...
  • Eastmum
    Options
    Hey @kmakm thanks for asking! I’ve only got 5 days left with mine! DMX happening next Saturday! Spent the last two days telling my family and friends - they were all surprised I was diagnosed in January and hadn’t said anything - I told my family members face to face, called my closest friends and sent a text using probably inappropriate humour and puns to a few other people but It had the desired effect as they responded with equally good humour. I told everyone they were only allowed to contact me if they were prepared to join ‘team chirpy’ - no doom and gloom allowed! Now we’re even thinking of team chirpy T-shirts! Hahaha. 
    Treating myself to a mani-pedi this week (yes I’ll have to let someone touch my feet!!) and a haircut on Thursday. Going to Kmart to buy a few button down the front shirts and other bits and pieces people have suggested. I’ve seen the amazing breast care nurse so I already have my zonta pillow and drain bags. 
    The only thing I’m worried about really, is going under anaestheic. I have had general before but now I’m overweight and so a bit concerned. I’ll be happy when I wake up!