Auxiliary Clearance

Options
Ninja
Ninja Member Posts: 21
Hi beautiful people.
So I am a new too this awesome support group.
I was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer and within two weeks of been diagnosed I had it removed and was larger than what the scan showed. Also had two lympnodes removed.
I had a drain in for five days and was recently removed but since then I have discovered a rather weird looking lump in my arm pit, like a shape of a lemon. It's been 10 days since my op.
Has anyone else experienced this?
I have been doing my excercise, it doesn't hurt, it's just very uncomfortable.
I am seeing my surgeon for final results tomorrow ( Tuesday) for treatment plan

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    @Ninja it sounds like some fluid   ask tomorrow.... is it hotter to touch than  say your upper arm?
  • Ninja
    Options
    Hi SolderCrab, no its not hot. its semi hard, was thinking maybe fluid but was unsure.
    thank you for replying. silly me has just noticed I posted this up twice - oops :-)
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    Its ok ninja about posting twice..... do you have a breast care nurse....
  • Ninja
    Options
    Yes I do soldiercrab, but can't contact her till Wednesday
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Welcome to the group, @Ninja
  • Ninja
    Options
    Thank you Sister, 

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I had that too. My surgeon ordered an ultrasound to make sure it wasn't something sinister like a blood clot and it wasn't. I did end up getting it drained once a week for a few weeks until it settled down. The relief is instant. I should add, I went to the hospital emergency dept to get it drained.
  • Ninja
    Options
    Thank you Brenda 5, feels so uncomfortable. Glad I am seeing my surgeon today, although bit anxious about my results
  • SoldierCrab
    Options
    Hi @Ninja I want to let you know we are here for you. 

after you get your results you might like to talk with the helpline

BCNA Helpline 1800 500 258

If you have any questions, concerns or require any further information
    or support please call 1800 500 258.  The Helpline is open Monday,
    Wednesday and Friday from 9 am till 5 pm EST and Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am
    till 9 pm EST.

• Ninja
    Options
    Thank you Soldier Crab
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Hi @Ninja. You could be describing my axilla, but mine came up almost 3 months post surgery, including axillary clearance. Scared the living daylights out of me. US showed that it was a seroma, or fluid collection. It reduced in size slowly for a long time,  then suddenly I could no longer feel it. Hope yours doesn't hang around too long. 
    Hope you're feeling reasonable after your appointment today. Thinking of you
  • Ninja
    Options
    Hi , so saw my surgeon yesterday and the lump did turn out too be a Seroma, so having it drained via a ultrasound on Thursday, hanging out too get it done as it looks like I have grown a third boob :-) 

So I have got my final results and all of the cancer has been taken , so happy too hear that but due too the fact they found two of my nodes with cancer and the grade they have chosen for me too start chemo next month, once every three weeks for six months before starting Radiotherapy. It was a stage two grade three, so blessed that it was diagnosed as early stage, and I have my cat too thank for that as she sniffed it out. Ninja actually is my cats name and that is the reason I chose Ninja a my user name.  we both have been through so much together over the last 12 years.

It has not sunk in as yet that this is actually happening but maybe once I start the chemo it will be a different matter.

So blessed that there is the online forum too speak too those who have gone through this journey or are going through it 

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    Check in and ask questions whenever you need to @ninja!
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Hi @Ninja, plenty of support here. It's a truly great community with lots of helpful advice. 
  • Ninja
    Options
    So have just had my second drain today, they are draining around 180 ml both times. Is there some sort of massage I can do to help slow this down until I see my physio next week ?