Plan B Conference

Options
kmakm
kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
I just bought my ticket. Anyone else thinking of going? Dare we meet IRL?!

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    I am thinking of it, will decide tomorrow when I have the bandages off my eye and can see straight! 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Afraser Oh no! What's going on with your eyes?
  • Afraser
    Options
    It's OK, nothing to do with bc, I had cataracts removed from my left eye 3 weeks ago and had the right one done today. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    That normally yields wonderful results. Happy so far?
  • Afraser
    Options
    First eye is great, I will need reading glasses though which is fine. I have worn glasses all the time since I was seven so not wearing them for any length of time will be novel! Right eye is "defrosting" so all sorts of weird back of the eye patterns but have been through it before, just awkward for a while. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Im going. 
  • kmakm
    Options
    @Zoffiel Good to know
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi there I’d love to be able to go. Is the BCNA doing them around the country or just Melbourne?  I’ll let @Salpal know too she will finished or very close to finishing trestment and surgery by then I reckon  I’d love to meet you guys in person can you imagine the shananigans we could get up to lol! . Margie xx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    It would be good if things weren't just Melbourne (no offence to the Melburnians).
  • kmakm
    Options
    I would really like to meet you all. It would be so lovely (and fascinating!) to put faces to the words on my screen. Shenanigans sound awesome/inevitable @onemargie!
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    They were offering bursaries to cover costs for remote membrrs @onemargie . They were advertised in the online newsletter. I snagged one. It might not be too late...
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there @Zoffiel thanks for that love but I’m in qld so dont think I would qualify. But I would of loved to go and hang out so you guys will have to get up to the shananigans yourselves but I’d love to see pics of that lol.
  • Afraser
    Options
    Amazing what you can do on a mobile with one eye, I am booked in. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    @Marianne_BCNA or @Giovanna_BCNA

Can you please clarify for those that don't understand the Bursaries that were/are offered for this 

Who would fit the criteria etc.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.