Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

JUST WOW!

Sam09
Sam09 Member Posts: 149
This morning the pool landscaper arrived to quote on our new on ground pool being installed . Very exciting but of late with new pains in my back and ribs at night I'm just plain scared so not much is exciting me ....however in general conversation my husband mentioned much to my dismay my conditon which I do like to normally keep private but he meant well so I kept quiet.  To my surprise the contractor being a some what nice happy guy informed us that he too had  terminal cancer and he was given a few months to live 20 years ago and went on to say what he had endured . 
Well I was gobsmacked to say the least he took smoking and drinking back up after 5 years when he said he was still here and his positive and happy nature warmed my heart and has made me feel a whole lot better. Our bodies can take a lot it seems and a positive attitude appears to be more important than I knew .well...just plain.WOW.

Comments

• Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Wow, what a coincidence that he has been through so much.  Sometimes I think people come into our life for a reason, I wonder if that was his.  A positive, happy attitude may not cure us but it sure does make life more enjoyable :) 
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    How good is that? So happy for him and for you. Worry about death when and IF it happens and that might be over 20 year. EONS away. <3