Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

good news!!

Options
wendy55
wendy55 Member Posts: 774
Got back from the oncologist late yesterday, so after two trips and 600ks later, the ct scan showed that everything is fine, well as fine as can be, the enlarged lymph nodes were due to a sinus infection, my markers are just a little higher but nothing to worry about as this stage, my bloods are excellent, SO will continue on xeloda, yes, it will eventually stop working and discussion with oncologist about this means that possibly next treatment will be vineloribine another chemo in tablet form which is very good,unfortunately for me palbociclib and ribociclib will not be an option as both look as if even if passed by pbs will be available for first line treatment only, so thats me out of the equation, I am very grateful that there are still other treatments available, the two tumours in my liver are stable and have not grown or decreased, still all through my back area but again no new nasties, so all in all I am very pleased, has been a very unsettling week,m but again pleased I only had to wait 48 hours for my scan results, I am very grateful to my amazing oncologist and the Lyell McEwin  Hospital where I am treated, the staff are amazing, so fortunate to have a world class hospital that I can access,now, its time to BREATHE and soldier on, my McGrath nurse coming for a cuppa on Monday, and tomorrow is my granddaughters 17th birthday!!! we will be having a family celebration tomorrow evening, life is good, I am going to make SURE I will be here for her 21st!!
Wendy55

Comments

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    Options
    Great news xoxox
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Way to go @Wendy55! And cheers to the March babies! My daughter is 15 today. She's on school camp this week and I can't wait to see her this afternoon. Enjoy the celebrations. K
  • Crusty
    Crusty Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Yay for good news, i have a march baby too 17 on tuesday. Enjoy the celebrations
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    Good news, that's excellent. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,579
    Options
    Congrats, Wendy, terrific news
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    Great news, @wendy55. Long may it continue  :)  <3
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Fantastic news. 
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Wooo hooo great news wendy dear
    love to hear the positive for scans
    Enjoy knees up for family
    Best wishes
    Bright in hope
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    Great news WENDY ! I am so pleased for you. Its wonderful news to hear that magic word "STABLE" .  I have started a new I V chemo called Eribulin which so far is not causing me too much grief . Hope it works and maybe my next scans maybe stable. Fingers crossed. All the best .
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    @wendy_h67 , thank you for the message, I am so grateful that there are a lot of treatments available to us, when one stops we just go on to another,so pleased to hear that yours is not too bad and Yes, that word stable really is wonderful, mind you, it would have been better to hear that the two tumours in my liver had done a hike, but you cant have everything, still I can wish!!

wendy55
  • MoiraC
    MoiraC Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Dear Wendy - great to hear some good news for you and some other options down the road. Thank you for all your helpful comments on the discussion. I am wishing those liver tumours take a long hike for you soon . All the best