This might seem silly.

Options
Janny54
Janny54 Member Posts: 89
Hi ladies.
This might seem daft but it has been on my mind for quite some time.
I was chatting to my daughter this morning and we were talking about something that happened last year and I said when I was sick. Then I said I wasn't really sick.
So I was just wondering how do you lovely ladies refer to yourself after you had the operation but went through chemo and radiation.
Hugs to you all
Jan xx

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    hi Janny54 I say during my Cancer treatment.... but I was sick as 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Options
    Hi @Janny54. Not silly at all as I have wrestled with this a bit too. I'm not yet three months into this experience, and am not sure if I've settled on this, but mostly I gesture to my chest and say treatment. Haven't given much thought to it, but expect I will at some point...
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I've only started chemo but I've called it the bad time/sick time during chemo as I wasn't really here until Day 8.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    I just refer to the two times I've had cancer as being sick. Bizarrely, the cancer itself was virtually symptom free. The treatment was OK in 2006 but a miserable experience in 2017. So, sick. It's easier.
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Agree @Zoffiel..   Couldn't even tell I had cancer, weird huh?  Felt fine until it started being treated!  i just says "last year while I was being nuked"LOL
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,374
    Options
    I just said when I'd had cancer.  Wasn't physically sick, or indeed much limited in what I could do so saying I was sick just confused people. Had cancer, always past tense. It pays to advertise. 
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    I always say. When I was crook etc and I would tell everyone I was heading to the “juice bar” as the AC I had was bright red and looked like raspberry cordial! Or I refer to chemo as being fried on the inside! Margie x 
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    I consider myself lucky I didn't die as a result of treatment. All the things that could have happened, like heart troubles, pneumonia, infections didn't happen although during chemo I felt sometimes like I was dying but I survived!
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I too referred to my time having cancer treatment. 
  • Lozang
    Lozang Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Yep, I never felt 'sick'.  I usually say "when I had cancer treatment".  
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    I agree with the others - I just simply and matter of factly say “when I had cancer treatment”. It’s part of life and  part of my life .
  • HIT
    HIT Member Posts: 261
    Options
    Hi Jan, I remember after treatment had finished in the Breast Clinic organizing my op to remove my port - filled the form out and sat down while receptionist did all the bookings etce - and suddenly said to her, hey the part when it asks if you have been previously sick (ie diabetes, blood pressure or other) should I of put cancer???  Don't know if she changed it or not.  I just say what my grandkids say - when you were bald Granny.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there @wendy_h67 you know me too well and I bloody hope they do put wine through your veins instead lol. Got to be better than the roundup they use now dont you think lol
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    @onemargie I think you have to have a sense of humor, or how else can we get through this.  I think it helps. By the way, I think it is the white wine they are giving me and having another top up today.