dry hands and feet

Options
Marianne63
Marianne63 Member Posts: 23
edited February 2018 in General discussion
Hi Ladies......wondering if anyone can recommend a really good moisturiser for dry hands and feet. I am on Caelyx chemo at the moment but have been on numerous ones before that. I had hand and foot syndrome before and my oncologist took me off my meds to clear that but now my hands and feet are just really dry. I'm using sorbolene now and have use many other creams from Avon and off the counter but nothing seems to help much. Has anyone have any suggestions? Thanks xx

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Just make sure whatever you use is mild as you have skin sensitivity and apply it several times a day. Keep on it.
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 945
    Options
    Hi there @Marianne63...I have  had  problems  with my skin, particularly hands and feet. Preceding this beastly cancer and chemo, which certainly hasn't helped, I also have other  medical issues which contribute to this. I have found that the only thing which helps for me is to get out the big guns for moisture. Anything that says "easily absorbed" or "non greasy" just doesn't cut the mustard for me. I slather my feet and hands in something really  gooey like Vaseline Intensive Care, or even just heaps of  Moo Goo, Baby Oil...whatever you fancy, then put on soft cotton socks and gloves before going to bed. The next morning I remove these and rinse off and then add a daytime light moisturiser such as the Moo Goo, but  in small amounts. Doing this nightly for about a week seems to do the job for a  few months, then I have to repeat the process. The socks and gloves keeps the bed linen clean, keeps the goo where it's needed, and stops me slipping on the tiled floor when going to the loo in the middle of the night.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there @Marianne63 I highly recommend the hemp cream from the body shop it works a treat. Margie xx 
  • Marianne63
    Options
    Thanks for all your feed back ladies. I will try these remedies and hope it works. xxxx
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    Dear @Marianne63, I think @AllyJay 's suggestions are really good - thick moisturiser 'bagged' overnight. I used Vaseline Intensive Care 'Advanced Strength - Fragrance Free' and Kenkay 100% pure sorbolene, My skin problems (hand, feet during chemo, and breast during radiotherapy) were in winter and spring, so I  could wear socks over my goo layer all  day! Have a pump pack in a handy spot in the kitchen and slather it on continually. Pure lanoline is an oldy but a goody - perhaps not available anymore? Best wishes from jennyss in Western NSW
  • Marianne63
    Options
    I have a cream in Priceline which works well. Kenkay extra relief cream. It seems to go in well and is pretty good at moisturizing but I will still try to use the hemp cream that was suggested