What little nice surprises have you had along the way?

JoannieJoannie Member Posts: 667
edited February 6 in Day to day
The week before last I was going to ring my gardener to come and mow my front lawn again as the grass was just getting a little long.  To my surprise when I took another look a couple of days later, thinking I must really ring him and organize ASAP, but noticed it had been cut.  Not sure who did it, but it was a pleasant surprise as I am not really in a position to be spending out too much on those sorts of things at the moment.  
I really appreciated it, and I am so grateful.

Comments

• PaynePayne Forster NSWMember Posts: 129
    It wasn't me @Joannie.  Sounds like you have a fairy Godmother.
  • ZoffielZoffiel Regional VictoriaMember Posts: 1,634
    edited February 6

I had a visit from the garden fairies as well, they distributed--very sensitively-- a heap of mulch. I think I know who it was, but they obviously wanted to do something good without praise, which is really noble.

One of the nice things that does happen is the building of relationships with people who were not part of your world before BC. In a strange way, getting rid of people who are not who you thought they were is also rewarding. Disappointing on occasions, but you end up in a better place in the long run. Trustworthiness  and honesty are invaluable traits.

• JoannieJoannie Member Posts: 667
    I hear you @Zoffiel some I know did not "get with the program"     ................. so I had to let them go. :D
  • socodasocoda LeumeahMember Posts: 1,653
    How excellent!!!!
  • primekprimek Broken HillMember Posts: 4,115
    How lovely. 
  • poodlejulespoodlejules Member Posts: 150
    One of my best buddies who lives in another state organised a cleaner to come fortnightly whilst I was on chemo. She felt bad that she couldn't be here to help and is a real gem. I am forever grateful.
    @poodlejules what a lovely friend you have :)

• Brenda5Brenda5 Burrum Heads, QldMember Posts: 1,898
    I used to walk my dogs on the beach and often meet a couple with mini poodles along the way. When I was sick they left flowers on my doorstep for me. I didnt even know their names at that time and used to call them the poodle people.
    @Brenda5 Wow that was so sweet of them.
    @CarmelS how thoughtful of your friend and Sister in law, I would be stunned into silence also.