Join our campaign to have ribociclib and palbociclib subsidised in Australia

Options
13»

Comments

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Options
    Hello @sunandsaltwater
    Thank you for your post, im sure we can facilitate contact with Lisa and will speak with Marianne on Tuesday when back in the office.  It was a great article with Lisa Laird.  Great that you have written to your local member Malcolm Turnbull.  We are keen to get as many letters to local members as possible!
  • Glemmis
    Glemmis Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Hello @sunandsaltwater, I was at the seminar last year at the Poche Centre where you gave your story, very inspiring. Glad to hear you are doing well!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Marianne_BCNA

Did I hear or read somewhere that this was going up for consideration in March, or is that wishful thinking?

Received a copy of a letter sent on my behalf today from my favourite MP.

Hope everyone else is receiving letters of encouragement

Here's to a successful outcome!
  • Marianne_BCNA
    Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
    Options
    Hi @iserbrown,
    That's correct - the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC) sat on the 20th of March but we won't know the outcome until the 20th April. If the PBAC recommends that the drugs be listed, it then has to go to cabinet for approval; hence all the letters you have all been writing to your local members.
    We'll keep you posted!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi all!  I collected my mail this arvo and found a copy of a letter on my behalf from Greg Hunt, Minister for Health - 20 April is the date for public to know the result of March meeting for PBS

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Orbost, VictoriaPosts: 0
    Options
    Cross your fingers Girls, I received the same letter from my local member, Darren Chester. Hoping for the very best, Trace xxx
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Options
    am waiting with bated breath!!! even if it is only on the pbs for first line treatment, then its a start and just maybe in time to come will be available to all, the letter I received from my MP was very disappointing it was put up online for me by rosie in case any one wants to read it, the gist of it was that the government does not interfere with any decisions by the pbs, so as you can imagine did nothing for my confidence in what may happen, still I can hope, roll on the 20th of april, then the government has to agree to subsidise it I believe!
    Wendy55