lots of great  info on website  exercise is important
    For me a good  walk is important for personal head space
    Be kind to youself ..
    Mind matters website great for mental and body relaxation 
    B

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Hi Chipo
    just wanted to say I been thinking of you today, hope you got some time to relax and take care of you.... 

Hugs 
    Soldier crab

• Ashanty88
    Ashanty88 Member Posts: 38
    Thank you lovelies 
    l am doing well . l have a fantastic nurse who is so reassuring. All of you have been so good to me . I feel like i have sisters , aunties and mums . Virtual hugs to you all .  
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    edited February 2018
    Hi @Chipo. I hope you are doing OK. I asked about diet straight away and got fobbed off with pretty generic just eat healthily statements. I pushed for a dietician recommendation and have found it to be very helpful.

@Flaneuse nailed the protein advice. You'll be advised to increase it if you're going through chemo (as I am). I've been told some complex carbs are fine, but not too many. Obvs lots of veg, your two serves of fruit a day, and nuts/nut spreads get a big tick too. Your GP can write you a care plan that will get you five appointments with a decent Medicare rebate.

I've ditched the wine (liquid sugar). I'm trying to lose lots of weight, and anyway, it tastes pretty weird now!
  • Ashanty88
    Thanks hun . I am really trying to cut down on bread . and i have ditched the lovely sugar . No baking for me now . 
    I am patiently and anxiously waiting for chemo . 
  • Ashanty88
    I got 21 lymph nodes out on Tuesday last week and they were all negative  oh my word  the pain was  so bad but l got good pain killers  which are working well . I am so anxious about the porta carth as well and chemo starts next week. There are times l ask myself why but have no answer . i am starting to have sleepless nights and l have been bad went on dr Google , never again . too many emotions in my head and an overactive imaginations . I cut all my hair due to wanting to gain some control . I do self talk so much its getting weird but this helps me a lot l tell myself that l am climbing a mountain, l am aiso  super anxious about how the chemo will treat me . 
  • SoldierCrab
    hi Chipo 
    First Step now is Breathe in and let it out ...... 
    please come in and chat we will help you through this time with words of wisdom and understanding that Dr google will not give you. 
    we will make you laugh or cry and we understand each others need to vent on this Roller coaster ride from Hell. 

Self talk is ok ...... it is how you are coping with this ride none of us asked to go on.  
    If you need to call the helpline and talk it through with one of the nurses.

BCNA Helpline 1800 500 258

If you have any questions, concerns or require any further information
    or support please call 1800 500 258.  The Helpline is open Monday,
    Wednesday and Friday from 9 am till 5 pm EST and Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am
    till 9 pm EST.

Gentle Hugs 
    Soldier Crab
  • kmakm
    I hear you and I feel you @chipo. Hang in there. I'm slogging my way through chemo. It's not fun but we can do it.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I'm only had my second doxe of ac so can feel very much where your coming from.  had problems with port on first treatment but that seems to be sorted.  Lots of people on this forum gave me infor on the port "to port or not to port".  If you're in a bad way after 1st chemo, ring them up right away to get better meds.  I waited the weekend out and schouldnt have.  as you can see, too soon to chemo to type propley
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I should sya I;m toleratig 2nd dose much better
  • kmakm
    Good to hear @sister
  • SoldierCrab
    ah @Sister
    you are a gem chemo foggy and still posting to help the newbies 
    Make sure you are looking after yourself. Drink plenty of water and Walk. 

Soon your foggy will lift again. 
    One day at a time at this stage Sister.

hugs 
    SoldierCrab
  • Mimma
    Mimma Member Posts: 4
    Huge hugs to you @Chipo.  Such a very messed up situation which no one should have to face.   Stay strong.  xx