Names?

Comments

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Thanks @Hendrix I love that idea well done. Margie xx 
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Can't wait til you launch @Hendrix so we can see what goodies you've got!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    A quick wit and joking around is fine but do those words which may offend some ladies need to be used as they are ?
    I am no prude and can swear with the best of them but I do not think this site needs to have them written in full ?
    Please think about how some ladies may feel as some may be quite upset by indecent language.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2018
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 322
    @Summerhill38 @Joannie what’s happened, there hasn’t been any swearing on here...but my business will have...but I’m ok with that as I’m not interested in making everyone love the business...if i can put a smile on a few women’s face send a warm hug and donate to charity...I’m happy with that :) 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 322
    @Joannie thank you xx
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    edited February 2018

Hello @ Hendrix

UM ????  No swearing ?  Look at this:

"New diagnosed: Oh Shit"

"Chemo Box: Can't shit"

"Radiation box: Hot shit"

"Bath box: Don't shit me, I'm resting".

"A lot of shitting lol thank you"

"Fuck I love it !!"

Perhaps you have not read these responses.

As I have said, I am no prude, but surely ladies can express themselves in a more ladylike manner.

Yes, I will get some flack from this post and so be it but I have heard a lot about the language on the site and it is such a shame that ladies who really need the support now are not comfortable joining BCNA.

• [Deleted User]
    edited January 2018
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372

The rules:

http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/14115/community-guidelines#latest

And some of us are not ladies. For which I am eternally grateful.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372

Right. I don't want to have to wake a mod up, so let's leave this where it is, please. Time out.

It's easy to get aerated (I've had heaps of experience, I know this for sure) but I suggest that any comments that may be outside the community guidelines, for what ever reason, are left until tomorrow. Keyboards at the break of day if that's how you still feel tomorrow.

• Marianne_BCNA
    Marianne_BCNA Member Posts: 245
    The mod is awake and I have had to remove one of the posts and came close to removing a couple of others.
    Just a couple of reminders:
    The community guidelines state You may not like everything you see. Everyone participates differently and you may sometimes see things you don’t like. You are welcome to disagree with others provided your tone is respectful.
    The community guidelines also state that some profanity is allowed as long as it’s not directed at others in an abusive manner and it is not gratuitously offensive.
    So please be mindful everyone of being respectful to each other whether you are disagreeing with someone or using swear words to express yourself - the guiding principle I use when looking at posts is whether someone will experience it as abusive or threatening. Everyone has a right to be a part of the community and should feel supported to do so. Attacking others is not ok. 
    And finally, the BCNA online network should not be used for the promotion of goods and services. I'm ok with this post but any promotion of the boxes will need to be undertaken via our support and services directory in our website.

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    I think we are all forgetting what this post was originally about. Poor @Hendrix how do you think she’s feeling now. (I will PM you) All she wanted was feedback on an awesome idea and it’s turned into a bitchfest about language. Thank you @Marianne_BCNA for your comments. I think it’s important to have your feedback. But for me personally I swear sometimes a little sometimes a lot it doesn’t make me a bad person or unprofessional. I always try to be supportive to all members on this forum and outside the forum (you lovelies know who you are) and in my work as a nurse and now in my community with my charity work and will continue to do so. If I offend anyone with my language then simply don’t read my posts and please don’t take offence as there’s more to me than that. For example If youre a patient of mine I’ll wipe your arse if you shit yourself, hold your hair back if you vomit, wipe your brow when your hot, hold your hand when you’re scared, and hug you tight when you’re sad. And I bet everyone else that swears on this forum has a heart of gold as well and I’m not going to change who I am for anyone. I’ve personally read things on here that I don’t agree with and I simply just look past it as everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone is an individual with feelings and emotions. And as we know all bc is a VERY emotional and individual time for everyone concerned and their families. And I’m certainly not offended by @Joannie saying god bless just as she’s not offended by myself and @Zoffiel swearing. Let’s just remember why we all joined in the first place.  Margie. Xxx