Crappy then happy birthday

Options
DearB
DearB Member Posts: 205
long involved story.  Monday at work the question was asked what do you want to do for your birthday Thursday and another girls Friday.  I said let’s do lunch and cake Friday. I have had more birthdays and that way it’s more about the other girl. Go me.  No no no I was told let’s do lunch Thursday and cake Friday. Otherwise it’s too much.   No worries. Thanks sounds great.   Thursday. I was all happy it’s my birthday. I am loving life and at 12.30 the birthday girl for the next day cake dibestairs and I said yippee let me get my bag.  She went what ? I am getting my eyebrows done lunch is tomeoeeow. Buzz hair flicker and double check. But everyone is busy so I buzzed hair flicker and she went oh yeah every one is really busy let’s do lunch tomorrow can you (me) send an email saying lunch is tomorrow.    I felt like a 15 year old girl at school that suddenly the butch pack didn’t like because I have brown hair.   Oh.   She said just forward the birthday email I was like I didn’t get the birthday email.    Oh.  So they forwarded the birthday email to me and I quickly typed.  Hey. We are going to do lunch tomorrow and I put my sunnies on and walked quickly out the back and Walked to the cafe on the corner and sat there eating a ham sandwich. Trying so hard not to cry my eyes out.  Thinking duck everykne hates me why why why. And I messaged my daughter and said what happened and she was like no mum. Maybe they are busy don’t take it personally.   It’s okay.     Anyway about 10 minutes later one of the guys came down to buy lunch and said what are you doing ? Why are you eating on your own it’s your birthday.   I said oh hair flicker said everyone was too busy.   It’s all good.  Then I said no it’s not all good.   I am trying so hard to be bright and bubbly and happy and helpful and now I don’t even want to go back to work.    He was awesome and said don’t feel like that.   So I told him about my Graves’ disease too and that I had a gp visit that night to get some counselling sorted because obviously I am losing it.   He recommend a natural thing Call 5htp I think it’s like a happy hormone.     So I go to my gp and he said why are you here your not meant to come here yet ?  Lol calm down.  It’s a quick one so he gave me the referral for some mental nursing I said I just don’t want to take any more drugs.   He said don’t take the one my guy friend said about but he will look into it he said because he doesn’t know it’s better. Not too.    Cut to friday  and we got to have a birthday lunch. The other girl is American and she replied to my birthday email saying thanks spazzi.  I was like wtf.  Anyway apparently in America that’s a term of endearment.  I was like see how emails come across because I was like that’s a bit harsh to my lovely birthday wish to her.    Lol we laughed about it and I said I am making it my mission to teach her more Aussie lingo. It’s going to be bogan Aussie but I think it will help her. She said why are you cussing I was like babe I am swearing not cussing. Anyway that was my woe is me birthday

Comments

• DearB
    Options
    But today I have all my friends coming and we are having bubbles and margaritas and moijitos. Yippeeeeeee
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Oh dear. Have a beautiful day today. Birthdays after bc are so significant...I don't think people understand that. X

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,830
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday @DearB
    Enjoy your bubbles today and forget about hair flicker and her crap.  Some Yanks will never give up their own lingo etc (I have a friend who has been her for some 40+ years and she still sounds American by her lack of Aussie language).
    Some people do not regard birthdays as special so we just have to do it for ourselves - next year you arrange what you want with who you want at a birthday work lunch.
    In the meantime, celebrate well today.
    Summer   <3
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hey lovely @DearB I’m just laughing as you call your work colleague a hair flicker that’s hilarious! And I’d love to help you teach your American work colleague some decent Aussie lingo. Enjoy your day today those margaritas sounds awesome especially with the weather being so damn hot. Don’t worry about the stupid cow you work with she doesnt realise how important birthdays are too us as we are all grateful each year we are around to celebrate another one hey. Why don’t you take the day off next year I just looked and it’s a Friday. Why don’t you go now and book yourself somewhere nice to go and something nice to do. Then next year when your birthday comes round  you can tell the hair flicker “oh sorry I’ll be away doing (something cool) and so fuck you!!!  Margie x
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    I'll raise an imaginary mojita to you @DearB - Happy Birthday!
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options

Happy Birthday for thursday @DearB

This is how I imagine hair flicker 

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,959
    Options
    @DearB, Happy Birthday and best wishes from jennyss
  • Mollygirl
    Mollygirl Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Fabulously happy birthday to you @DearB. Ignore the losers!!! Xxx
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Who wants to have lunch with numpties? Not I. Rather lunch without their irritating presence and throw crumbs to what ever avian audience attends. The birds are better company than flighty self absorbed human fuck wits. 
  • DearB
    Options
  • DearB
    Options
    Thanks ladies I will take the day off next year
  • DearB
    Options
    Finished that with thanks everyone.  Feeling the love.  
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Whats more like it :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.