Dry Facial Skin

Options
KarenneW
KarenneW Member Posts: 43
Hello ladies, I'm wondering if anyone else on here, who might be taking Arimidex is suffering with very dry skin on the face?  And if you are what are you using to combat this.  I'm currently using QV Daily Face Cream, and have just started using QV Facial Wipes for cleansing.  It seems everything else that I try to use causes my skin to get dryer and generally it stings when/if used.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    Dermaveen is a great product too and very gentle on skin - I have very dry skin normally and found it very helpful during radiotherapy as it minimised skin damage. 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,830
    Options
    I have always used good old Johnson's baby oil (since I was a teenager) for makeup removal, wash with Nivea daily wash and then at night I use the Bio Oil.  Yep, a wee bit greasy but it does the trick.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Options
    I agree with @Summerhill38 about BioOil - my surgeon suggested it to reduce scarring after surgery but I started using it on my face - greasy for a bit but made my face feel great .Be aware though it’s very fine and a little goes a long way - it does absorb into skin unlike some others that just sit on the surface. Shop around - Chemist Warehouse  sells a bigger bottle and usually much cheaper than the supermarkets 
  • duxx1234
    duxx1234 Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Has any one tried any of the products in the Moo Goo range? I’ve just ordered some;reviews say that some  Radiologists are recommending it to cancer patients. Their range of products looks great!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    My daughter uses Moo Goo on her face and arms when they get really dry to prevent outbreaks of eczema.  She loves it.  And I agree about BioOil - not convinced it does anything for scars but great if your face is prone to dry patches.  But just the tiniest amount!
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Had a great run with the Moo Goo for rads (don't really like the smell of it for my face though)  Although I'm on Tamoxifen instead, I have found my skin is feeling more dry than normal.  I have been using the loreal laser lift x 3 which has been helpful.  Absolutely rate the bio oil for everything.  The scarring under my arm in near on invisible. Also helped clear up the burns from rads on my chest almost over night. I just mixed it with a bit of Manuka honey gold cream.  I find it works really well on any super dry patches too.
  • Sunshine0206
    Sunshine0206 Member Posts: 146
    Options
    I have a facial moongoo product and it smells like sour milk. I’m not a fan. 

For my my face I use Cetaphil.
  • Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    Options
    I use a paraben free product 'dr.organic' Manuka Honey body butter. Doesn't have a 'scented' smell. I put a dash of apricot kernel oil on my finger and mix in with each use. I haven't used brand cosmetics for years and after a bit of searching located this product.