SA ladies Encore update

Romla
Romla Member Posts: 2,092
Hi all - for those Adelaide ladies who have participated in FMC Encore program there is a group of Encore Friends meeting Wed 1130-1230 at swimming centre next to Marion . Also could be news soon for southern Adelaide ladies about Encore venue 2018 .Encore programs have been announced at Hampstead and Mount Gambier for 2018.

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Hi @Romla,  Do you have information about the Hampstead Encore?  I'm interested but, as I don't yet know what my treatment schedule is going to be (and I don't know when I'll be cleared to go in the water), I'm not sure when I'll be able to participate. Gaye
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Hi @Sister I’d ring the YWCA in Adelaide and talk to Jemma who runs it as they say online 2018 but the dates are for last October someone may have mucked up. Also you need to be 8 weeks post surgery I think - one lady had her chemo session just before coming to the Encore session each week - she found it helped her a lot. Truly it is very worthwhile I think for many reasons - lymphodema prevention exercises , speakers on all sorts of practical stuff eg Otis foundation free holiday , bras , reconstruction etc plus just meeting others to share with - breast cancer is a great leveller my group ranged from 28 to 80s and we all got on well .