New here

Options
2»

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Welcome.  I'm sure your daughter has googled by now but here is a fantastic link that explains pathology in detail.

https://www.cancer.org/treatment/understanding-your-diagnosis/tests/understanding-your-pathology-report/breast-pathology/breast-cancer-pathology.html

Hope this helps. Kath x
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there @Janine60 wow you have got a lot going on but there is never really a “good time” to get breast cancer is there  it’s common for it to read it’s ugly head when we have other stuff going on. See what the oncol says you might even qualify for the genetic testing since your mum had it as well (god bless her}. My best advice would be to not google anything take advice from your team and get yourself a good breast care nurse mine was bloody awful, trust your gut too on what’s right for you. I had triple neg so my story is different to yours.  Keep us posted how you go.  Biggest hug. Margie xx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    This link is part of the BCNA website - https://www.bcna.org.au/services-and-support-groups/

Hopefully there is something within reach for you
  • Janine60
    Janine60 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you all. It’s very overwhelming and none of the options are ‘nice.’ It’s just trying to make sense of it all and wanting to reduce the possibility of it re-emerging, particularly when we live with a lot of stress in our every day life. It’s just what we do because of the family we have. Our resilience is high so we have that going for us. I did find a group in town and I will ask for access to it once I find out what’s happening for me. The process is taking its own sweet time and that is probably the hardest part for me, I want to get going tomorrow! Even our dogs are high maintenance, one is having an operation tomorrow cos he chewed his tail right to the bone. We think it’s behaviour cos he is a very anxious dog - but we chose that.