Everything is shrinking!

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    I believe the clinical trial is free. ...  I will look for new members @primek

• SoldierCrab
    Ladies you will find a lot of information on the group. 
     https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/9-lets-talk-about-vaginas
  • Lisa1965
    Lisa1965 Member Posts: 17

Thank god there are other people out there who are experiencing this.  I have only just discovered everything appears to have shrunk since my partner returned from overseas.  All of a sudden it was extremely painful.  I am not dry, but my vagina and clitoris appear to have shrunk.  I just requested to join the other group posted in this thread in the hope I can get something to help me.  I all of a sudden feel extremely depressed over it.  My partner is very patient though, thank god. 

Lisa

• CassieB
    CassieB Member Posts: 71
    Thanks @primek and @SoldierCrab I have sent request to join the group. 

I saw my GP yesterday, turns out I may be showing signs of a prolapse. So upset about this.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I suspected it might be.it is discussed by a few in the group.
  • CassieB
    Update
    Had ultrasound and saw Gynaecologist
    No prolapse! Yay
    Everything is perfectly normal for 56, post menopause, chemo, radiation, ceasarian.
    Lack of estrogen means vaginal walls thin causing tears and bleeding during sex making it painful.
    For the dryness Gynae prescribed vagifem low pessaries to help thicken the walls and hopefully lubricate! Replenish and yes moisturiser just not enough. 
    For the elasticity she showed me some excercises to do with fingers and dilator and also pelvic floor excercises.
    I will let you know how it all goes. 
  • Lisa1965
    Posted this in vagina talk 

So I went to my doctor today.  He diagnosed atrophy.  Examined and said things have shrunk.  He has treated me through my breast cancer and in saying that, has prescribed virginal cream containing estrogen.  I did talk to him about it however he said it will be OK. 

i cant get into the menopause clinic here until May ☹️ 

I bought the keggels dilators.  Second largest is all good so far.  

Anyway will I’ll see how we go.  I don’t see my partner again for 3 weeks.  Hope things improve for that reunion. 

Lisa 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Hope it is good. The new ones have lower estrogen that seems to just penetrate the area it needs. 
  • SoldierCrab
    for those wanting to see what a kegel is here is the link https//kegels.com.au/
  • Lisa1965

primek said:

Hope it is good. The new ones have lower estrogen that seems to just penetrate the area it needs. 

Yeah I hope it works too.  I’m seeing my partner again in two weeks, so by then it should have started to improve I hope.  
  • Lisa1965
    It’s been a bloody godsend the cream.  I’m back to normal and non painful sex again.  I was so relieved.  

Lisa 
  • CassieB
    Excellent news @Lisa1965! The Oncos really should be telling us about this stuff before it happens! It's taken me almost three years to figure it out for myself!
  • SoldierCrab
    @CassieB
     yes they should be telling us and also giving us information on what ok to use and what isn't ok to use. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Thank you for the heads up ladies. I have been dreading this part of the whole sorry business. Trying to avoid thinking about it to be honest. But as the aromatase inhibitor draws nigh I'm thinking I need to pull up (or down I should say!) my big girl undies and engage with the issue. I'm certainly not going to wait for my oncologist to raise it; I'll jolly well going to ask her straight out at the next appointment, which will be when she gives me the prescription. Sigh.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    I was on vagifem pessaries before breast cancer but stopped as thought it was a no no - will talk to my surgeon and gynae about this