Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Wow today I feel so terribly sad and sorry for myself shame on me.

Options
2»

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Hi @Sam09 hope you are in a better space today!  Take care 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 324
    Options
    @wendy55 beautiful reply...enjoy your getaway @Sam09 with your fur babies...Nellie xx
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi therec@sam09 and @wendy55 so it’s takem me a few days to get my head around your posts I kept trying to reply but kept losing my shit. So now I’m on the front deck of our little holiday shack at Agnes Water that we managed to hang onto by the skin of our teeth during this climb to the top of this shitsville  mountain we call breast cancer. And without sounding too fucking cliche it’s a bloody privelage to know you both and I’m so glad you can get on this forum and speak to us and open up about everything. It’s also quite personal what you guys have mentioned and I want to thank both from the bottom of my heart for saying it how it is it’s truly inspirational. Biggest hug to you both. Would love to join you for the cuppa if we can ever arrange it. Margie. X
  • iserbrown
    Options
    @wendy55  Just to say hope you're in a good space also. Take care x
  • iserbrown
    Options
    @wendy_h67 sending positive vibes. Wishing you a good chemo day!  Take care and sending you a virtual hug x
  • Hendrix
    Options
    @wendy_h67 I hope you don’t mind me asking, but have you been having chemo for 6 years? 
  • JasiB1
    JasiB1 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi Sam. Big hugs from WA xx
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    Hi Hendrix,I started with I V  Abraxine for 6 months then went on to Xeloda tabs until they started to fail and the side effects were causing alot of pain in my feet.  I then went onto Aromison for about 2 years but sadly that started to fail and scans showed more bone mets. I had Afinitor tabs for a short period,  but they caused high temps and flu like symptoms.  So now I'm back on IV  Abraxine  which I started last December. Over 12 months ago.  Its not really that bad . I get time off for good behavior and can go away for a week or 2. My oncologist even gave me my birthday off last year ,so I really celebrated. Really we are lucky that there is treatment available when one treatment starts to fail.  It would be good to get more treatment on the PBS. though. 
  • Hendrix
    Options
    @wendy_h67 I take my hat off to you xx
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    Thank you,  but Im not the only one. Today at chemo I got to chat to a couple of woman younger than me , who turn up regularly on a Tuesday for chemo,  for metastatic breast cancer. We are known as the Tuesday girls and have a good old yak together while we are there. At least I have made some new friends by attending the chemo ward, so it does have it's benefits.