Phew

Options
Zoffiel
Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
I'm lying here listening to the rain thinking 'Thank f for that.' The last couple of weeks have been shit, but...

The persistent pain in my back doesn't look like mets! Yay! It just looks like my pre-existing degenerative changes have really stepped up a notch. Which, when you think about it, totally sucks, but anything that isn't more cancer is good, right?

The pea sized horrible on my eye lid wasn't cancer either. It may reform, which I'm very excited about, but it's benign. 

Aaannnnd it's not going to be forty something degrees today. I was in Melbourne just heading into Southern Cross when the weather changed yesterday arvo. I wanted to stop in the middle of Collins St and wave my arms around with relief. I should have, no-one would have batted an eyelid. Of course with my luck I'd have been barrelled by a tram.

I should get up and go for a walk but there are trees down all along the road, which made getting home interesting last night. If I don't officially see them they don't exist and someone else might get stuck in and clean it all up. Though it could be firewood... Hmmm. To chainsaw or not to chainsaw, that is the question. Might need firewood now it looks like I'll survive a bit longer.

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Benign is the best word in our predicaments!  Woo hoo!

As to Melbourne weather, oh it can be so dramatic!

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Yayyyyyyyyyyy Marg. Excellent that you have no mets and that your pea was benign. I'm afraid you don't have any say in the matter about sticking around a bit longer because WE WANT YOUR BOOK!!! - and of course also you to be here too!!! As to the trees, if they're not blocking your road/driveway I'd be leaving the wood to dry out a bit ;-) Xx
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Are there any aggravations and difficulties in life that cannot be alleviated a little with a good session with a chainsaw? Although last night's rain here looked set to wash whole swathes of greenery away. Good news, Marg. Take care. 
  • Mollygirl
    Mollygirl Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Great news @Zoffiel, benign is the word of choice!!! Must be damn uncomfortable tho on your eyelid?  Do you have to get removed? Could be a chance of a cool eyepatch for a day or two. Oh my god, bring on the best pirate jokes ever! Meh, leave the chain sawing to someone else ....
    Merry Christmas xx
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    @Zoffiel
    oh how I love to read your posts they lift me up and make me smile. 
    Glad the eye thing was benign..... even although you went thru the in office procedure to get rid of it. 
    @AllyJay
    Yep knickers it is here in this heat... with  Flat Steppes of Mongolia. Further down rests my Buddha Belly also my kids don't bat an eye when they sail in to my room, me prone on bed ceiling fan whirring and me wishing for A/c in bedroom. 

Zoffiel enjoy those prawns in the river girl ..... 
    LIfe is for living and grabbing the things that we enjoy 
    <3
    Soldiercrab

• Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Options
    @Zoffiel that's the most wonderful crappy news! Enjoy your prawns & river without that in the back of your mind. It's looking to be a mild Christmas in Vic, so all the better!
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Wow @Zoffiel thank fuck for that!, what a fucking relief I can just see you in the middle of Collins st with your bloody chainsaw too knowing you you probably had it on the back seat of your car lol !!,  
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,830
    Options
    Good news @Zoffiel
    I am with you on the standing in the rain.  Unfortunately we missed it yesterday.
    Thought you might like this:

Keep smiling, Marg, and keep your great posts coming.
    Summer   :)
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I was so excited to find out O had arthritis, spurs and slip dics in my spine...haha....and not friggin mets. Fish oil has helped me as has doing a bit more stretching.  The more I sit...the stiffer I get

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Options
    Yes primeK I agree had u/sound last week as had large lump size of thumb under my right arm (unaffected side)  jumping for joy when they said no just new scar tissue from mastectomy ... the things that make us happy after BC 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    When I was almost finished Taxol, I discovered a lump under my right arm. Panic! Biopsy showed it was a schwannoma - no, I didn't know there was such a thing either! But benign and wholly unrelated. Was over the moon for days.