Zoladex

KiahdeeKiahdee Member Posts: 3
Hi everyone, 
I’m looking for some advice/information. 
I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma in left breast in 2012. 
Treatment was Lumpectomy, Sentinel Node Biopsy, Aux Clearance, 6 x Chemo (Fec and Taxotere), 20 x radiation treatments. 
Hormone Therapy which followedwas Arimidex, then Tamoxifen and then Zoladex injections only, as side effects of Tamoxifen were too great. 
I had my last Zoladex injection last month as I’ve completed 5 years of hormone therapy. Yay!
But can anyone tell me of your experiences post  Zoladex as I’m not sure what to expect. 
Forgot to mention I was 41 at diagnosis, I’m 47 this month. oncologist believes monthly cycle will come back. 
 The joys! 
Look forward to hearing from you. 
Deanna. 

Comments

• SoldierCrabSoldierCrab Bathurst NSW Member Posts: 1,174
    Hi Kiahdee,
    I am sure the other ladies who have been on this medication will share their experiences with you. 
    I have not been on it so can't comment.
    SoldierCrab

• adeanadean Member Posts: 953
    Hallo lm 5 years post diagnosis. I stopped zoladex before l had my hystetectomy l couldnt believe how my stiffnesd in my body dissapeared once l didnt have them any more.  Adean xx
  • TennilleTennille Member Posts: 92
    I stopped Zoladex a few months ago. I am 41 and my cycle hasnt returned. I was a regular 28 day cycle before Zoladex
  • iserbrowniserbrown Regional VictoriaMember Posts: 1,714
    I finished Zoladex in July, after 26 injections, one every 4 weeks and had two small bleeds - which Onc had suggested would happen.  He also had said if they were persistent then he would do another D&C  I have a vaginal ultrasound regular to check on what is happening and due again in February before visiting Gynaecology Oncologist.
    As to how do I feel well fatigue is a major factor, I assume the combination of all treatment and ongoing medications.  Hope that helps!  Take care x