New Australian MonaLisa TouchTM clinical trial

2»

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372

Eww, people puddling around in your bits for a couple of months only to find you have to do it all again if you were in the control group.  I can feel myself cringing at the thought of it.

Oh well, if that is what they have to do to get the data then more power to those willing to get into the stirrups to prove it. I'd probably give it a go, would get the dust out of there if nothing else :)

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2018
    Not that keen either @Zoffiel on the puddling around, but desperate times call for desperate measures...

Have posted into the group @SoldierCrab :)
  • mwest_21
    mwest_21 Member Posts: 5
    I have just completed 3 rounds of this laser treatment and am very pleased with the outcome.
    Yes, it is very invasive but with the right gynecologist, can make the whole experience feel so much better
  • Jane221
    edited February 2018
    That great to hear @mwest_21. I'm booked in tomorrow for my screening appointment to possibly take part in the trial  :#:#
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    great news  @mwest_21, and good luck @Jane221
    Paula xxx
  • ElaineG
    ElaineG Dragonfly Posts: 60
    Hi ladies....
    Just thought I'd add my '2 cents worth' - highly recommend this laser treatment for vaginal atrophy - putting on my hat as a 'clinical sexologist'!  I am currently not in a relationship but if I was this would be my FIRST step!!!  I had my ovaries out 2 years ago and still relatively young.  From a professional perspective I know of a number of doctors that recommend the procedure.
    Kind regards, Elaine
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    @ElaineG maybe we should be picking your brain for helps in this area ...  ;)
  • SoldierCrab
    @ElaineG could you post this in the group for me? are you a member of lets talk about vaginas 

• SoldierCrab
    HI everyone @Jane221
    wishes to give this update on the trial ......... but is at work so I am posting for her...

The Trial team are fabulous and are hoping that if the results of the Trial are positive then they will work on trying to get the treatment listed under Medicare.
    They are also still looking for a few extra volunteers, so if you are in Sydney, or surrounds, and are interested in taking part, contact the lovely Prof Jason Abbott at Royal Women's Hospital - Email: rhwgrace@**** or find out more here: https://www.anzctr.org.au/Trial/Registration/TrialReview.aspx?id=370821
    Cheers, Jane
  • Jane221
    Thanks @SoldierCrab! Thanks too @ElaineG for your comments, they are encouraging, especially as a newly single person who hasn't quite given up on the idea of romance / a sex life down the track! Jane xx
  • mum2jj
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for the update @Jane221, sounds very encouraging. 
    Wish I was closer, would be so up for it. 
    Paula x
  • Jane221
    :)  Wish you were closer too Paula  - would be great to have a trial buddy!  
  • mum2jj
    I will just have to be your cyber buddy, cheering from afar xx