Dr Google

SoldierCrab
SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445

how true it is .... 
We really need to look in safe places about our health information.... 
BCNA or Cancer Council have good resources to answer most questions. 
we are extremely rich in our members who will point anyone in the right direction when they are seeking reliable information about their health, not just Breast Cancer. 

Comments

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,323
    Too true!!
    paula x
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Lol this was me at the beginning.
  • SoldierCrab
    @LMK74 I think it is most of us at the beginning until we find BCNA and the forum.... 

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    @SoldierCrab, very true. Once I found the forum it has been a source of comfort and great advice from our fellow sisters.
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Dr Google is OK as long as we only look at the official sites which have .org or such.  It does not take long to work out which addresses are going to provide the best most honest information.
    I think many ladies are quick to find BCNA due to the high profile which is good.
    Thank you, BCNA, for all your hard work.
    Thank you, too, for this site and to the wonderful ladies found herein !
    Summer   :)
  • SoldierCrab
    Hi @Summerhill38
     totally agree there are great sites to get reliable information, but this was a post to just remind us about how we can get ourselves  into a stressful state if we just google and don't know how to know what we are reading is accurate information...
    Hope that clarifies it.... 

SoldierCrab <3

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I used this site, the american and british sites. All fabulous but slightly different. I read research material as well ...but it is pretty heavy going.