Side Effects of Radiotherapy - What to expect

Options
2»

Comments

• Annski
    Annski Member Posts: 112
    Options
    Thanks so much for that tired pussy (as Mrs Slocombe might say). I so feel for everyone trying to get through every day.  My own dear Betty is terribly tired these days as well, she is almost 24 which is 120 in human years or so for an indoor cat. Sadly she has to stay in cat hospital boarding while I am having cancer treatment as she has too many sources of infection for her to be able to live at home. Although she has a lot of health problems (totally deaf, only a few teeth, right leg barely functional with painful arthritis, kidney failure, cysts) she loves every day she wakes up and is missing home dreadfully. By the look of it she may outlive me!

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Oh wow!  What a great age!  
  • Payne
    Payne Member Posts: 150
    Options
    I love your pussy cat Annski, Maybe her longevity might rub off.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options

wendy55 said:

Hi @iserbrown, love the photo, just how I feel today, like you I have a thyroid condition I am on 75mg of Thyroxine and 10mg of Tertroxin and have to get my bloods checked often as my chemo interferes with absorbtion, just another thing to have to keep a check on!!
    wendy55,

I'm on 100mg of Thyroxine.  I am due for another blood test but he told me to put it off until the New Year as I have yet another cold, third for the year!  I have never been susceptible to colds like now.  Had flu shot but there are so many varieties going around.  As I sat in the waiting room yesterday a lady walked past sneezing and coughing without covering up - if looks could kill!  Trials and tribulations of it all!
  • viking1
    viking1 Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Well done for getting the moo goo donated! That is just splendid!  I have been using it on my head, of all things, to stop a bald scaly scalp... it is a great product!
    I am about to start 30 rad treatments in the new year.  I had a lumpectomy and total axillary clearance in right arm so they have to do above the collar bone too.  I am hoping it will be a lot easier than chemo.  No keen on the possibility of longer term side effects though, the major one being breast cancer! I guess we do our best and cross our fingers.