12 months since diagnosis

Options
Pammy46
Pammy46 Member Posts: 162
Next sat marks my 12 months since I was diagnosed I can’t believe it’s been a year so much has changed I’m different.. I’m not the same Pam I was 12 months ago it’s surreal really how cancer can change you.. my first mammogram and ultrasound are booked for Friday I’m nervous as my breast and under arm are still sore a year on..I think the radiation really affected me..  I will need some meds to get through the mammogram especially!!  

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    It's nerve wracking isn't it. It's taken me to my fifth year not to be in a nervous paddy. We all change in some ways but I think the inner core of who we are survives! Very best wishes, here's wishing you all clear!
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I think we all can relate. Deep breathe and hope it goes smoothly for you. 
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hey @Pammy46, Best wishes for your tests lovely. Start planning how you're going to celebrate once they are over!!! Xx Cath
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Good luck on Friday Pammy.  I still had pain from my lumpectomy about 18 months later, the surgeon said it was normal. :) 
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    We completely understand how you feel @Pammy46.  I've only just had my first anniversary too but I don't think time makes it any easier!! Wishing you all the best for your ultrasound and mammogram - please let us know how you go.   Jane x