Options
Debbyd
Debbyd Member Posts: 4
Hi does anyone else suffer from stomache pain while on  paclitaxel weekly 

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    I did. I needed nexium twice daily and sometimes zantac in the middle of the day. It's quite common as well as loose bowels.
  • Debbyd
    Debbyd Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thankyou for your reply I am on my 5th dose and have been told to keep taking pantoprazole every day which helps a bit, still have 7 weeks to go
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there I had horrible reflux with taxol but had it fortnightly for 8 weeks I  nexium too which helped along with the mt Franklin sparkling flavoured  mineral water no issues with the pooing thank god  x 
  • MKitty68
    MKitty68 Member Posts: 261
    Options
    I have just had my last Paclitaxel yesterday - like @onemargie I also had mine fortnightly x 4 times, I've had no stomach pain, but OMG the bone pain has been horrid & I had no loose bowels, quite the opposite, I had constipation right through AC then Paclitaxel. 
  • Lynne48
    Lynne48 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm on the weekly Paclitaxel too and have some stomach and back pain, and unfortunately the loose stools.  The 3rd day seems to be the worst for me.  I'm already taking osteo panadol for the pains caused by my inflamed liver and just top that up when necessary with some stronger meds. I'm getting a lot of nausea too, but not sure if that's the Paclitaxel or just another delightful symptom of the liver mets.  I was having the nausea before, but it's definitely gotten worse since starting the Paclitaxel.