Triple neg now red skin

Options
Jen79x
Jen79x Member Posts: 125
so I’ve just started ac dose dense for tnbc in my right boob and Thursday I had my second dose. 
All ok and dealing with side effects but this morning I noticed the skin where the tumour is and where was bruised from the biopsy and clip insertion is red?? Freaking out something’s spread or infected?

thks Jen 

Comments

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there jen I had triple neg but had a mastectomy so not sure what’s going on with you and what’s the clip for ?.. . How much redness is there ?. Is it warm to touch ?. It’s hard to say without seeing it ?. How long ago was your surgery... do you have a temperature ?? I would have  it checked out with your gp at least asap but if you have a temp or even just don’t feel right I’d go to the hospital. Margie x 
  • Jen79x
    Options
    Thanks Margie 
    i don’t have any temp and I haven’t had any surgery yet (doing chemo first). They put a breast marker clip on the tumour so that they could locate where it was if I’m lucky enough for it to disappear during the chemo. 
    Its not hot it’s just like a red patch right over where the tumour is ?
    weird isn’t it. I’ll take a pic when I get home 
    thsnks for your advice!
    jen
  • Cynth6
    Cynth6 Member Posts: 189
    Options
    Hi @Jen79x I was left with a circle bruise and redness from the biopsy. And it lasted for months and months. I also got a bit more bruised when they inserted the clip but not so much redness. 
    Id check with your doctor or chemo nurses. It could be from the chemo maybe. I got a bad rash on my face but it was from paclitaxol not AC. Im also triple neg and did AC and taxol. 
  • Jen79x
    Options
    Oh that’s good to know !! Thank you :) I’ll ring them tomorow and double check :)

thanks !!

jen 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Get it checked out to be sure not start of infection. It will stop tbe worry if nothing else.