Radiation Planning done ✅

Options
nonkyboy
nonkyboy Member Posts: 188
edited October 2017 in General discussion
I’ve had a busy week meeting with the rad onc on Monday. Then the medical onc yesterday. No need for chemo as no lymph node involvement. Six weeks of radiation followed by 10 years of hormone therapy beginning with Tamoxifen because even at 53yo I haven’t started menopause yet. Today I had my radiation planning appointment. I am now covered in magic marker drawings all over my breast and have three tint tats. I must tell my son I got tattoos today. Quick question , for anyone taking tamoxifen can you tell me which brand you have bought? I am drug sensitive and like to know what fillers drug companies use in any mess I take. Has anyone found one brand is better than another? Have a lovely weekend everyone. I am heading to Ikea with my sister for a long overdue visit xx Lesley 

Comments

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Great news, @nonkyboy, no chemo. Can't comment on tamoxifen as I'm yet to start hormone blockers after rads. Hope all goes well and enjoy your weekend.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Sandoz is my preferred brand
  • Cynth6
    Cynth6 Member Posts: 189
    Options
    That's fantastic news that you don't need any chemo. Yipee 
  • jadziatoo
    jadziatoo Member Posts: 38
    Options
    I have used Genox from Alphapharm for my first lot of Tamoxifen and had no side effects but it was more expensive then the Sandoz one. So I have a box of the Sandoz Tamooxifen that I will be trying next.
  • Kat09
    Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269
    Options
    I've been on Genox for 3 weeks now and so far so good.I'd ask your Oncologist if there is a brand best suited to you if you are drug sensitive. Wishing you all the best for your next round of treatment.