Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Happy Dance

Cate64
Cate64 Member Posts: 446
The all inevitable Oncologist appointment today... Tumor Markers down to 53, Oncologist VERY happy with my hands & feet, the Xeloda is doing its job but not creating too much in the way of side effects. All other bloods looking good as well. Take that MBC!!! I win this round....

Oncologist wished me well on my upcoming trip overseas & said they dont get many patients like me, still running, very active & going skydiving on Ovation of the Seas...

Happy happy happy...... I am woman hear me ROAR!!!

Comments

• nonkyboy
    nonkyboy Member Posts: 188
    Great news. Enjoy your holiday
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I am so glad to here that. The sub text is that you are on talking term with your onc, which is also a very good thing :)
  • Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    Yay @Cate64. Hope you have a great time overseas too!  :)
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Good news. You enjoy that trip.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Ten points!  yay!
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,370
    My surgeon recommends Hawaii for celebratory events - moi? If I get through 5 years OK by December, I am off to la belle France next year with a side dish of Belgium.  Well done, take a bow!! 
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Such good news lovey enjoy your holiday. Job well done. I can hear your roar from here ❤️
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Great news 
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    Fantastic news, go enjoy your holiday.
    Paula :)
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Hi Cate, that is really good news . Well done  ! You are an inspiration. When I'm  feeling  down because my tumour markers are up again , I think of you and your attitude of never giving up. Enjoy your holiday . You deserve it.
  • Cate64
    Cate64 Member Posts: 446
    @wendy_h67.. sending you virtual hugs.......... I have my off days now & again but I know if I force myself to get going, have a shower & do something I always feel better.
    I will totally enjoy my holiday, have been looking forward & planning for it since I booked @ 537 days to go!!! now its 26 & instead of just myself & Jon going as orginally planned, we are now a party of 14, largely made up of my parkrunning family...
    I was so relieved on Friday, I think I was expecting something bad, my TM's were up from 58 to 63 last test & though my Onc said they will fluctuate a few points here & there I was a tad frightened that it might put paid to my trip but it didn't & all is well, so Singapore & Ovation of the Seas here I come. And, having said all that I was at the same time thinking I feel so well for someone so ill. in fact, I have noticed, that since I went off Gluten & my skin problems/dermatitis cleared I feel remarkably well.
    Take care beautiful lady. Cate