Recent ct scan has caused a clot

Options
LMK74
LMK74 Member Posts: 795
A recent ct scan a couple of weeks ago has caused a blood clot in the vein in my arm. Now injecting cloxane twice daily. Anyone else had this and how long on injections. From memory I think @melclarity had this happen.

Comments

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Hey @LMK74 ohhh i was in so much pain. I was put on Xarelto for about 2 weeks it slowly dissipated.  X
  • LMK74
    Options
    Thanks @melclarity, hopefully I won't have to be stabbing myself for long lol. 
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    I  would think not too long as i think clexane would work quicker than Xarelto. I hope so! Not pleasant but you should be ok now that they're onto it. Xx 
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Options
    Oh no @LMK74 how's your luck?!!??!
  • LMK74
    Options
    @Molly001, lol I nearly didn't mention it to my rads oncologist. My arm had been sore for over a  week and then I could actually feel the raised vein. Ultrasound yesterday revealed a 7cm clot right above the elbow crease.
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Options
    @LMK74 I'm glad you're onto it now though. Hope it dissapates quickly.
  • LMK74
    Options
    Thanks molly. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Gawd, Lisa, you are going to come out the other end of this with an expert subject of Shit That Can Go Wrong When Having Cancer Treatment. 

I was a bit the same. It's not like you can help it. "Um, unseen to have a lump in my leg, it's really sore' 'Oh, you have a DVT, chemo does that to some people. Here, have some Warfarin,'  One thing after an other.