Now to Heal

Options
Twiggyjumps
Twiggyjumps Member Posts: 116
Yippee - surgery all done last Friday, new larger puppies are coming home to the farm with me and with a flat tum. Chemo & Rads all done from April to Sept. Path report today said was the best outcome!  Calls from the whole medical team all day. Hugs to them all for saving my life and helping me through.  Not to mention the amazing bcna for the preparation so needed. Big recovery ahead but overwhelmed with happiness. I’ve been singing through small procedures (Doe Rae Me Far So La Te Doe) and the medicos all sing along hahaha. Awesome

Comments

• Spiv1803
    Spiv1803 Member Posts: 126
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic!!!!'
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    You are a champion! Well done. Margxxx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Woo hoo!  Wishing you a smooth recovery!  Congrats!
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!! Congratulations that is fantastic. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Xx 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    So happy for you. Nurture, recover and then reclaim your life. Awesome job. X
  • Twiggyjumps
    Options
    Thank you for helping me get through to Cath . I love you ladies. I’ll post some before and after photos in the reconstruction section when I’ve got more energy. On Endone and Panadol atm. So far so good. Pain had been incredible but Day 6 is well under control. Had to work out the best ones for me.  

Anne :) 
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Options
    What a feeling keep up that pain relief and move around.
  • steplightly
    steplightly Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Congratulations with such great news.. Enjoy celebrating this.

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    So excited for you lovey...... mission complete. Xxx
  • Twiggyjumps
    Options
    Day 7 - 3 of the 4 drains removed. Not sure when going home but no rush. Just going to take my time. Best thing I use everyday in bed is my travel neck pillow ring.  Then I do away with the hospital pillows that I find just a little to plump. And soft earplugs have been good. I don’t use them every night just when it’s busy on the ward. And my water bottle that goes everywhere with me lol!

And some soft beanies as sometimes the aircon seems cool and as my hair has only started to come back my head gets cold.

http://www.reclaimyourcurves.org.au/uploads/2/6/5/5/26558246/ryc_what2pack-print.pdf

Thanks Nikkid the link above has been very useful.

Anne x