No surgery/treatment

OutraOutra Member Posts: 2
Did anyone diagnosed with early breast cancer (invasive) decide not to have any surgery/treatment? This probably sounds crazy to most of you, but I’m struggling to agree to any of the options being offered to me after recently being diagnosed. I’m 40 and due to an existing long term issue I already have chronic pain in almost all of my body which causes fatigue and zaps all of my energy - I don’t have the strength to go through this as well. I don’t have the “I’m going to fight this” energy that others seem to, I’m already completely exhausted.

Comments

• Molly001Molly001 Member Posts: 295
    @outra at the end of the day it's your decision, but I think you should speak to a bc nurse or another professional to discuss what, exactly, is involved in each option. It's difficult to know how aggressive or advanced your cancer is without surgery/pathology, so you won't know how quickly it's likely to spread. Remember, too, that choosing no treatment is a decision that you won't be able to take back if things get bad. Remember, early bc is curable for most of us. Advanced bc is only treatable. Treatment for early bc is mostly TEMPORARY, the consequences of no treatment is PERMANENT. Also, have you considered that not treating your disease may end up requiring more energy for the 'fight' than not. I'm not trying to sway you, but it would be terrible to have regrets. Sounds like you're in a pretty bad place going into this, but that may not always be the case. You are young!! Please chat to a professional.