Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Just cant help myself!!!

Options
Cate64
Cate64 Member Posts: 446
edited October 2017 in Metastatic breast cancer
Well, seems I just cannot help myself... next mission.. City2Sea... jn for a penny in for a pound I always say

Comments

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    LOL go Cate!!! yes you cannot help yourself! :D go for it! xo
  • Anne94
    Anne94 Member Posts: 162
    Options
    Go Cate!! Enjoy! 
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Options
    Good on you Cate. Do what makes you happy.  Thats what life is about.! 
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Go Cate!  Good luck :) 
  • angg66
    angg66 Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Good luck Cate!! 
  • Fiona2
    Fiona2 Member Posts: 69
    Options
    Girl after my own heart Cate (as the expression goes)!  I just did the 5.6 km section of the Melb Marathon, very slowly though technically running all the way and wearing two bras to support my still slightly swollen and tender post radiotherapy left boob.  Feels very good to be out amongst it all and in the sunshine.      B)
  • Cate64
    Options
    @Fiona2 well done girl :) I was disappointed to not be running in Melb Mara, I didn't register because I did the 15km Kokoda Challenge the week before & thought it might be too much BUT I was there as support crew for both Highlands parkrun runners & also Lalor Running Club runners. Are you registered for Vity2Sea??? That is an amazing run - flat - & the atmosphere is bloody awesome at the finish line... Cate
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Woohoooooo @Cate64!!!  Excellent.
  • Fiona2
    Options
    Cate- I'll have a look at the City2Sea and maybe enter. (Not sure how long it is and I'm very impressed with your mention of 15km but could not get near that myself!) I'm more of a cycling person and tend to be on my bike most weekends but I do have a running partner who also likes to get me out on the tracks.  We are the walking/running wounded as he is a recently reformed smoker with a recent shoulder muscle repair and I have been struggling along with the 15 month programme that is my cancer treatment but we support and encourage each other in our efforts back towards health and enjoy some nice events on the way.  I'm also looking to do something called Carmen's run and will keep my eye out for you at the events.
     <3 
  • Cate64
    Options
    @Fiona2 the 15km Kokoda Challenge was a hike not a run but it was very challenging with its hills. The City2Sea is either 5km or 15km, I am not sure about Carmens though I know it has a 5km event I am not 100% sure what the other events are - totally spewing its falling while I am overseas this year as it was my intention to participate in the 5km. We have a bit of a team going for the Pink Triathlon in January, you would be more than welcome to join us if you like... its 100m swim, 3km bike ride & 1km run at the end...
  • Fiona2
    Options
    Hi Cate- you have already inspired me such that I have entered the 5 km of the City2Sea!  My running partner is going to be away so if you have any room for someone ie me to tag along, I would greatly appreciate it.  And it would be fun to do an event with a fellow 'traveller' from BCNA (but of course, no problem if that does not work for you).  I will think about the triathlon you have mentioned.  I'm not much of a swimmer but the distances look do-able and probably the only triathlon I would be likely to achieve!
  • Cate64
    Options
    @Fiona2 works for me.. welcome aboard
  • Fiona2
    Options
     :)Fantastic!  Looking forward to it.