Good news from the surgeon

Options
Jenny66
Jenny66 Member Posts: 34
I finally got my results back from my masectomy (three weeks took ages) and had some good news, I had a 5cm area of high grade dcis and 1 1/2cm stage one low grade and all the other scattered areas were still calcification and my 2 sentinel nodes were clear so I won't need chemo or radiotherapy

Comments

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there Jenny what awesome news for you! You must be so relieved. Onwards and upwards now lovely. Do you need to take any meds now ? Soo happy for you. Take care and here’s to health and happiness. Margie ❤️
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Yayyyyyyyyyyy @Jenny66, that's fantastic news. Congratulations!!! Xx Cath
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Best news considering!  Woo hoo!
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,830
    Options
    Fantastic news @Jenny66.  Very pleased for you.  The waiting for results is hard and really does your head in, doesn't it ?
    Summer   :)
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Oh Jenny, that's fantastic news!!! woohoo!!! x 
  • Caseypinto
    Caseypinto Member Posts: 258
    Options
    @Jenny66 woohoo! That's absolutely wonderful! So happy for you!  <3
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Fantastic news. 
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Options
    Congratulations @Jenny66!! That is fantastic news. I’m so pleased for you.  Jane x
  • nonkyboy
    nonkyboy Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Great news Jenny. What a relief for you
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    That's fantastic news.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jenny66
    Jenny66 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I was lucky that all the rest was still calcification but the waiting was definitely hard especially when the surgeon was warning me that if my sentinel nodes weren't clear I'd need more taken out, I think that he was worried that the other areas were cancerous. So I know that this was silly of me but when I got my results everyone was happy and relieved but I just felt like collapsing, I have spent the last few months being strong for the kids still hadn't cried then get the news that I want and felt like falling to pieces, I spent the rest of the week sleeping for like 16 hours a day and felt so exhausted, this has loosened a few screws I think. I am starting the tamoxifen next week til menopause has finished and then into another one for five years so wish me luck jenny66 xx
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    @Jenny66, totally normal to feel like falling in a heap afterwards. I think its only when we get a chance to slow down that we truly start to acknowledge what we have been through and allow ourselves to grieve and feel relief. Best wishes for the Tamoxifen and then the other hormone therapy when you get to it. Xx Cath
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Not silly at all. I think we all feel like that regardless...most of us breath holding waiting on results..haha. 
  • lgray3911
    lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
    Options
    Fantastic news congratulations xx