Molly001Molly001 Member Posts: 295
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I've been posting in the general forum for some time already. I was diagnosed in January with stage 2 grade 2 ER+ PR+ HER- large multifocal IDC to the right breast. I had a mastectomy with axillary clearance, zero nodes involved. I had 6 cycles TAC chemo, 6wks radiotherapy and now starting hormone therapy for 10yrs and will be participating in the Pallas trial.

I have been reading some of your very inspiring posts but its taken a while to come in and say hi. I've always been a christian, though I'll admit I should go to church, but don't and I swear too much. Yes, I'm a sinner, but the Holy Spirit resides in my heart. I have dealt relatively well with my diagnosis and treatment because I know I'm not alone and that cancer is just a very small part of Gods plan for me. I sometimes struggle, but I know if I have faith all will be revealed to me. My partner is not a Christian and doesn't understand that my fairh is all that has kept me from breaking down at times, so I mostly keep my spirituality to myself and pray alone. I believe God intended for faith to be shared in communities, so it's nice to read posts from other Christians on the bc journey with me. God bless.

Comments

• SoldierCrabSoldierCrab Bathurst NSW Member Posts: 1,090
    Hi @Molly001 I am sorry this is just showed up when I came in here tonight ... groups dont give us notifications like the general forum. 
    Glad to see you have found as this is a wonderful forum for all those affected by BC to share.... 

I have struggled at times since my diagnosis and I see a good therapist now who is helping me deal with the changes that BC has brought into my life. 
    SoldierCrab
  • Molly001Molly001 Member Posts: 295
    Thanks for your reply @SoldierCrab I am seeing my GP on Monday to get a referral to a therapist. I'm struggling a bit to find my new normal and everything is requiring more time and patience than I would like! Faith has kept me strong and eased my anxieties along the way, but having someone impartial to talk to seems logical at this point.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
  • BarbieAnneBarbieAnne Adelaide Member Posts: 52
    Hi @Molly001
    Welcome to our group. Must say that I really appreciate this group. It is great to have a group of people that I can talk to who not only are experiencing the "walk of BC" but also share my faith in God.