Options
Spiv1803
Spiv1803 Member Posts: 126
chemo starts Wednesday.... faaaarrrrkkkk

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    May not be as bad as you fear, fingers crossed.
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Lol @Spiv1803, love the faaarrrkkk.  It may not be as bad as you think. I was petrified of chemo, turned out to be doable. I was severely constipated on ac  chemo, just make sure you stay on top of that.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there. I'm happy to  hat anytime if you like or have any questions I had TNBC too. Just pm me if you like. Margie xx
  • Spiv1803
    Options
    Will do Xx
  • RubyRumble
    RubyRumble Member Posts: 39
    Options
    @onemargie what chemo did you have...I was classed as triple negative then they did further testing & found I was HER2+1..  the goal post keeps movin!

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Sooner the better as it will then be over. Kath x
  • Spiv1803
    Options
    Chemo tomorrow.... double faaaarrrrrkkkk
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Spiv1803 good luck with it all!  Listen to what they are telling you and more importantly speak up if you are uncomfortable or missed an instruction et cetera  Tomorrow will be here soon enough and then you can start counting them down!
  • Spiv1803
    Options
    YAYAYAYAYAYAY. I like the sound of counting them down that's for sure!
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Hi there @RubyRumble I had 4 rounds of AC chemo and 4 rounds of paclitaxol both 2 weeks apart. It's called dose dense or some shit like that!  Shitty but doable does that make sense ...  and thinking of you tomorrow @Spiv1803. I farrrkkkkiiiinnngggg love the way you say that❤️
  • LMK74
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow. :) 
  • LMK74
    Options
    Hi @Spiv1803, just wondering how your first chemo went.
  • Spiv1803
    Options
    Hey everybody,  thanks for the advice and comments, just shows that I'm not alone after all  (shock  horror).
    I'm on day 5 or 6 atm, started Wednesday so not sure how they count it... day 3 had a bit of a panic attack getting in the shower still feel blah, mostly tired, shitty, no energy, headaches,  constipated,  fuzzy head and right now, a little motion sickness. 

Mornings are ok.
    1 down, 7 to go. Aaarrrggghhh
  • LMK74
    Options
    @Spiv1803, I was very constipated on ac  chemo. I took coloxyl tablets every night and that helped. Fatigue got me too very badly. Your never alone here.
    Lisa x
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    If you are taking steroids to help combat nausea, they do tend to cause constipation. I found prunes and fat free yoghurt worked pretty well.