1 year on

Options
KatyJoy
KatyJoy Member Posts: 181
Today marks 1 year from the day I was told those dreaded words ‘you have breast cancer’. Since then, I have had 4 1/2 months of chemotherapy, a stint in icu with complications, a double mastectomy and reconstruction and a left auxiliary clearance and 5 weeks of radiotherapy. I was unable to work for 8 months and am now only able to tolerate only half my normal hours as I remain exhausted but I’m getting there and feel so lucky to be able to say that I am CANCER FREE! Best wishes to you all and a great big THANK YOU for all your support getting me to here! ❤️

Comments

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Options
    Hi @KatyJoy,congratulations on being cancer free. It's such an exhausting journey. I hope to crawl over the finishing line very soon. All the best.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Congratulations on 1 year on and starting to reclaim your life.   :):)
  • nonkyboy
    nonkyboy Member Posts: 188
    Options
    How wonderful to be at the end of a year. I'm sure a lot of it is blurry now while other parts will always stand out glaringly. Congratulations on being Cancer Free
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Options
    Well done! I think we're all bloody amazing to get through what we do!
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,831
    Options
    We women are stronger than we think and at the beginning one year sounds a long time but now you've arrived you should be feeling very proud of yourself.
    Hugs  Summer  :-)
  • Mrs_H
    Mrs_H Member Posts: 102
    Options
    Congratulations. Here's to starting the rebuild and reclaiming and putting this behind you. Cheers, Jen.