Waiting for tests and results

Options
2»

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Wishing you well for your results..........don't be hard on yourself, if you're feeling emotional let it roll.......it will make you feel better getting some of it out!  We are all different in how we react and there is no right or wrong way to do it.  Do you have someone with you tomorrow for your results?
  • lezanne75
    lezanne75 Member Posts: 17
    Options
    my husband is coming with me tomorrow, so not going it alone. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    Good as two sets of ears are better than one!  Doesn't matter how hard you concentrate there's always some information that didn't sink in!
  • lezanne75
    Options
    So I got my results yesterday, bit of a relief as it could have been loads worse. 

Bone and CT scans were clear so it hasn't spread anywhere, I have grade 3 Oestrogen+ve and HER2+ve, but they're going to retest to confirm how receptive to HER2 it is.  My breast cancer nurse is organising the initial meeting with the oncologist as I'll be having chemo before my surgery, which she thinks will start in the next 2 weeks.  We were planning to go to the Caulfield Cup so I'm going to go there before I start chemo.  
    Just worried about the chemo, (how long will it go on for / side effects / being able to work) but at least i know what it is and there is a plan in place (albeit a little hazy) for me to work with.

Should have probably taken someone other than my husband tho, he has the attention span of a 2 yr old, but he held my hand very well!!

• steplightly
    steplightly Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Sounds like things are coming together for you and you are building a picture of things like pieces in a puzzle  Enjoy the Caufield Cup and take care of you as you prepare  hugs
  • Jenv
    Jenv Member Posts: 64
    Options
    Hi, the waiting for results etc seems to take forever..i found keeping every bit of info helpful, writing things down, asking questions and better still take someone with you for support and questions you dont ask...another pair of ears if you forget something that was said.  It certainly is a journey, we are on this treadmill that we can't get off.....take care, once you get a treatment plan you'll go from there and know whats going on.
  • Thewiseone
    Thewiseone Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and just found out yesterday.  I don't want to tell people as I'm still dealing with it myself. My adult daughter said to me " then just don't tell people yet". Sage advice. I'll talk about it when I want to. Could be days, could be weeks but when I'm ready
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    How soon to Caulfied cup (can't remember)?   I did a trip 200k and return  about 8 days after chemo...worst over and hair still intact...so you might be able to start earlier and still go. Just saying. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Sage advice indeed. There isn't much you can control; by keeping questions (and well meaning advice) to a minimum until you have a bit of a handle on things you can cut out a level of stress. There is no 'correct' approach, I think it pays to play it like you would any major interruption to your life. Some of us need space, others want a team hug. Stay true to your own temperament @Thewiseone and you won't go too far wrong. Good luck.
    Good news for you @lezanne75. The races sound like a great idea,  take pleasure and joy where you can find it. As too working through chemo, only one way to find out... Just don't be too disappointed if you can't. It's a bit of a lucky dip, some cruise through it, some don't.  Marg xxx
  • lezanne75
    Options
    Caulfield Cup is on 21st October, my initial appointment with the oncologist is on Monday (16th) so I'm presuming that my chemo won't start until the following week at the earliest.  So hoping to have a final fling with my hair before it goes south for the summer..... L xx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Most likely. Hope goes well.
  • Kombigirl
    Kombigirl Member Posts: 47
    Options
    Hello and welcome,
    I'm new too. The waiting is a real pain. I also found out that I have breast cancer 2 and 1/2 weeks ago.
    Ange x
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    Hey @lezanne75, just wishing you all the best. Hope you have a ball at the Caulfield Cup and back a winner!! Xx 
  • ShazS
    ShazS Member Posts: 131
    Options
    Hi Lezanne, You are in good hands with the lovely , caring people on this site and it's a great place to have a vent with no one judging take care of you good luck Shazx
  • lezanne75
    Options
    Hiya
    Thanks to all you ladies, the support from everyone is so fantastic it really has made a difference over the past couple of weeks.  
    Lesley xx