Superannuation

Comments

• ShazS
    ShazS Member Posts: 131
    Who are on there own sorry shame 
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    I spoke with my Namath nick from hesta yesterday again and queried again about my income protection and to cut a long story short I actually used to have it attached to my super but it was cancelled in 2003 and I said to him there’s no way I would of done that and so he offfered to investigate it for me and apparently it was cancelled by hesta not me as I didn’t have enough money in my super account but here’s the twist.... the letter they sent me let me know it was about to lapse was sent to an address I’ve never lived at and so I never received it in the first place! I told him if I did I would of actioned it and put contributions in myself as my kids were only small then and I’d just started my nursing career and would not of let it lapse. He said that hesta won’t come to the party on bacjk dating it and he will send me a letter saying the same as he said I should of checked my statements more carefullly after that time but he said then I can go to the ombudsman and complain I said I’d be doubtful that they would be in my corner on that one but I’ll give it a crack anyway. Keep me posted on all your stuff. I finished my letter to Susan lamb it’s a bloody document but it’s all n there!,  Margie xx 
  • onemargie
    Hi there again so I got a chance to speak to Susan lamb at my fundraiser yesterday (honestly she is a damn fine Polly and actually gives a hit about her community which is awesome)  and she has offered to advocate for me about the letter regarding the lapse in my income protection letter being sent to the wrong address the one I ver lived at actually! She said she will back me with my letter to the ombudsman. I’m still doubtful it will come to anything but will give it a crack with her support now anyway so I’ll keep you all posted. Margie x 
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Good one !  At least you have a feeling of support and not so alone in the battle.  Good luck with it.  Hope it turns out well for you.
    Summer   :)
  • MKitty68
    MKitty68 Member Posts: 261
    Best of luck with it all
  • onemargie
    Hi there everyone thought Id give you an update, I finally got around to writing to the superannuation ombudsman this morning about my complaints above it says someone will contact me within 7 days so watch this space I certainly have let HESTA have it in the email so I will keep you posted.  If nothing gets said then nothing gets done and there is no "right done without a fight" so got my fingers crossed. Margie xx
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ShazS
    That's good news @onemargie be interesting what they say.
  • onemargie
    Update again. So I got a letter from the superannuation ombudsman today which says my complaint “appears to fall within the Tribunals jurisdiction” and it has been allocated to a complaints analyst who is going to investigate it. I’m hoping this is a positive response and I’m thinking they wouldn’t bother if they didn’t think it had grounds. .??  It says they have a lot of other complaints to sort through (which I found alarming actually) but will let me know an update when they have one. Fingers crossed. It will be a win for the little guy if I’m actually able to pull this off and it might give some hope to others in the same position who didn’t think it was worth pursuing. Margie.  
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Hi @onemargie
    Good one !  As you say, a win for the little guy.  Whilst we have breath we will fight what we see as an injustice.  Falling within the Tribunals jurisdiction is a big deal so there is hope.
    All the bst
    Summer  
    <3 
  • Mollygirl
    Mollygirl Member Posts: 213
    YAY!!!! @onemargie, fingers crossed. You so derive this to be sorted out finally. Bec xx
  • ShazS
    Good on you Margie hope all works out for .
  • onemargie
    Lets hope so. I’m still a bit pesimistic we will wait and see. Margie 
  • Jen79x
    Jen79x Member Posts: 125
    That’s great @onemargie !!!
  • onemargie
    Hi there just another update so i rang the ombudsman to ask how things were progressing and they told me it will be around another 6 months until I hear from them about my complaint! That’s normal apparently but it concerns me that there are that many people who have had to complain about their super funds in the first place. Margie x