Cold flushes??????

Options
I am two days into radiation after a mastectomy and chemo.
For the last year I have been experiencing intermittent cold flushes.
I am well into menapause and the hot flushes have mostly subsided to be rare and barely noticeable.
since starting radiation the cold flushes have become much more frequent, at times they follow one after another for hours, even when I am in bed.
they start around my middle and radiate down to my ankles, out my arms and up to the side of my head causing goosebumps all over, and prickly tender skin. Sometimes I will also start shaking as if I am really cold inside.

Has anyone else experienced anything like that?

I am telling my radiation nurse tomorrow.

I am also getting a large circle of red rash around my portacath on the other side of my chest. I didn't think they were going that far over though they are doing the nodes down my sternum.
I got it checked today, it started yesterday after the first dose.
The nurse is puzzled and will check it again tomorrow and probably get me to see the Oncologist.

I have had a mastectomy so they are using a bolus on the chest.

Has anyone else experienced strange skin reactions so soon after starting and in other areas.

It does appear that if there is a side effect, I will get it!

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    I often get a cold chill before a hot flush but if you are worried, check your temperature. If thats out then you have an infection somewhere.

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Options
    Keep an eye on that port. I am just concerned the chills is infection related. Probably not if otherwise well. If hot over port area or you feel unwell...check temp...see a Dr.
    Take care.  Kath x
  • Unicornkisses
    Unicornkisses Member Posts: 402
    Options
    Thank you ladies. The radiation nurse checked my temp and said it was okay.
    I will monitor it myself if I get a spate of them again.
    The rash around the port is still there, unchanged though so far.